30Th Birthday For A Man?

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 11:07pm by Kate714

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 1:54am
post #1 of 5

I need a simple/quick cake design for a 30th birthday for Saturday for my brother in law. What will look cool and be "boyish" at the same time?!! Help, if you have any ideas please!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
dbramble1020 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbramble1020 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 3:57am
post #2 of 5

If your brother-in-law is into Golf, you could do a putting green. You could make it any shape and size with the top iced green. If you wanted to go farther than a putting green you can create a sand trap with raw sugar or a water hazard with piping gel colored blue. The flag stick could just be a candy stick with a fondant or paper flag.

If he is not into Golf, you could do a baseball with a ball pan or a football. These can be placed on top of a larger cake if it is for a larger party.

My husband suggested a bathing suit clad woman's torso (sp?). icon_rolleyes.gif

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 4:11am
post #3 of 5

You could pipe stripes down the side or make them out of fondant and just write happy birthday ontop, simple and not too much work..I actually did this and piped it all in butter cream..Maybe that can help give you an idea...

womanzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
womanzano Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 4:14am
post #4 of 5

My hubby just turned 30. I made him a baseball cap of his favorite MLB team. I shaped it out of three layers of cake and even carved under the bill a little so it looked like it was curved up. I iced it in BC. It was quick and easy.

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 11:07pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you, thank you everyone!! You got me thinking and I had a photo saved in my favs of a baseball jersey (Red Sox) and I think that is what I'll do!! Doesn't seem too hard icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%