Help Me Select The Most Suitable Buttercream Please.

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm by BakingGirl

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 1:50am
post #1 of 3

I am planning on making some cupcake bouquets for my children's teachers as an end of year thank you. I am worried the buttercream will melt and drop off so I am looking to choose the best buttercream to ice the cupcakes with.

It is about 90F here and humid. I will store the bouquets in my fridge until it is time to leave but obviously I have no control over where the bouquets are stored after I hand them over so it is important that the buttercream is as stable as possible.

I normally always use IMBC for my cakes and cupcakes, I prefer the flavour and I also find that it is fairly stable. I am not keen on shortening, in fact I verge on a shortening phobia so I am uncomfortable going into that territory, but obviously if I have to I have to.

Does anyone know which is the most stable BC? Followed by the next stable BC and so on?

2 replies
mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:41am
post #2 of 3

Hi BakingGirl,

I don't care for shortening either in my BC, & I live in a country where the average temp is btwn 80'F to 95'F. I've been using butter : PS on 1 : 2 in quantity.
So far it is pretty stable, I've piped rosettes & leaves on my iced cupcakes & had them served in places without the AC, & they didn't melt & still held the shape.
However I am interested if anyone can share a less sweet version of only butter BC that is stable. I find my BC is kinda sweet, tho a lot of ppl find it fine.

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you mclaren.

Anyone else who can help us?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%