What Type Flowers Should I Use ???

Decorating By ranbel Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 9:06pm by ranbel

ranbel Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:47am
post #1 of 9

I have a request for a Peacock theme wedding cake. The bride wants the torqoise colors (blues & greens) with peacock feathers incorporated in them. I can picture this as being very unique and pretty in its on way.

I think I need to stay away from roses, what do you think??? icon_rolleyes.gif

I will be using silk flowers by the way icon_lol.gif

8 replies
tastyart Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:05am
post #2 of 9

The roses might work if you use white ones. Sounds like a cool cake. I hope you will post a picture.

ranbel Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 9

White roses does sound elegant, but the bride wants colored flower with just a few peacock feathers to accent.

Please keep the ideas coming, thanks.

Off to work now.

emrldsky Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 9
CulinaryActor Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 9

It be really cool if you some how designed flowers out of peacock feathers!!

Good Luck!!
Sounds Like an Awesome Cake!1

cupcakemkr Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 9

In this picture there is a rust/orange color around the spots on the feathers. You could do a rust colored roses with that beautiful green in foliage of some kind...I know there is a green hydranga that would match, but not sure if roses and hydrangas go together.....

here are different colored flowers that could work...

http://www.afloral.com/Silk-Flowers-Artificial-Flowers-Fake-Flowers/Blues-and-Greens?range=61%2C74%2C74

this website has silk florals in a huge assortment of colors that would work!

Good Luck!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

mmgiles Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 8:22pm
post #8 of 9

I like the Lillies like star gazers. You could buy the sugar flowers already made and add luster dust to color them.

ranbel Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 9:06pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks to all for your replies. The bride is leaning more towards the blue and greens, not so much the rust/orages....

I plan to go a look around this weekend to see what I can find. I have until the end of August....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%