Fruit Filling Question

Decorating By Sandi4tpc Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 3:30pm by awolf24

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:24am
post #1 of 5

I remember hearing someone somewhere say that they have used jam or preserves for a filling for a cake. Has anyone done this? Recommend this?? I've done a raspberry filling for a couple of cakes and have purchased some filling but if this is a workable idea, then it would be a more economical solution with a good selection and you can get different sizes...less waste.

Thanks!!

4 replies
dominique26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dominique26 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:10am
post #2 of 5

I myself have used raspberry preserves in a few of my cakes, and I think it worked out just fine. It isn't as sweet as the sleeves of filling, but sometimes that works out perfectly.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:25am
post #3 of 5

I've used raspberry preserves and mixed it with buttercream. It was good. I heated the preserves and strained the seeds out.

I'm going to try using seedless strawberry simply fruit mixed with buttercream tonight, because the store was out of strawberry filling.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 5

I use seedless preserves in all my fillings both straight out from the jar and mixed with other things.

When it comes to needing a fruit type filling it's all I use actually.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 5

Just like CarolynGwen, I use seedless perserves both straight out the jar and mixed with BC. Usually, I use Polaner All Fruit that I find right in the grocery store with the jams and jellies. Works great. Doesn't need to be refridgerated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%