Three Tiered Wedding Cake

Decorating By wildflower Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 5:19am by sassycleo

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 4

hii
i have been asken to make a three tiered stacked wedding cake and the bride isnt worried about how many it will feed cuz she wants two more cakes and then she will be getting a couple sheet cakes to feed the remaining guests,
my question was the the design she had in mind is a spray of roses and lilies cascading down the sides of the cakes
with that in mind,what sizes would be best for the three tiers?and the flowers would have to be attached after setting it up right?
also,the icing will be bc so how would i attach the fondant roses and possibly royal icing lilies?
any other suggestions u have are welcomeicon_smile.gif

3 replies
ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 2:31am
post #2 of 4

I would do a 6-9-12" round cake...serves 100. Plus the 3" difference in the diameters gives a bit more room to place flowers etc than say, a 6-8-10" cake.

Yes, you'll attach the flowers after, unless you can stack & transport it already done (some people do that, but it scares me!).

To attach the flowers, just stick them on with a bit of buttercream as glue. Make sure you have extras made in case of breakage and you will want to kind of lay out your design on either dummies or at least on a table to make sure you have enough flowers!

I haven't looked at your pix or anything, but you sound like you are maybe just starting w/wedding cakes? A good book to maybe check out would be "Wedding Cakes You Can Make" by DeDe Wilson. She gives a great step-by-step process, charts for how much batter, filling and frosting etc. Plus some simple, but elegant designs. Good luck!

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 4:57am
post #3 of 4

yuppp ur right,first wedding cake for order to be exact but thank u soo much for the advice!

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 5:19am
post #4 of 4

If you have time, maybe get some cake dummies and some artificial flowers that are going to be the same size or as close as you can get. Practice arranging them by sticking them into the dummy. You don't have to go through all the icing this is just an preventative measure to help with placement. This will save you time and stress come day of set up and delivery!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%