1/2 Vanilla 1/2 Chocolate

Decorating By tippyad Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 5:10am by jonicca

tippyad Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 7

My customer wants a small sheet cake (9x13) w/ half of it chocolate and the other half vanilla. What is the easiest way to do this? Can I divide the pan w/ foil? Do I pour the two batters at the same time? Suggestions...please.

6 replies
mkolmar Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 7

some people tilt the pan and pour in one batter, some pour in both at the same time. I prefer to have a piece of board that is foil lined. I have both batters already ready pour one in and then pour the other in. I then remove the board and swirl in the center to connect both batters. This is what works best for me. Hope that helped some.

tippyad Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 7

thanks, mkolmar...I think I'll try your method.

lisameadows Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:27am
post #4 of 7

Most of my orders are for 1/2 white and 1/2 chocolate. I mix each separately and pour simultaneously, works GREAT! I tried a divider; but that just created an extra item to clean. Good Luck!

Mencked Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:52am
post #5 of 7

I just fold a piece of aluminum foil over about four times so that it is equal to the depth of the pan, then fold the ends in so the strip is the width of the pan. I clip that into the middle of the pan with bull clips, then set one end of the pan up on something (magazines) so that the pan is tilted about 1/2' higher on one end than the other. I pour in 1 batter and let the pan sit at the angle while I mix up the other flavor of batter. Then I set the cake pan level, pour in the other flavor all at once and remove the aluminum foil divider. Easy method and works great. You can also purchase different sizes of pan dividers, but aluminum foil works great!

wgoat5 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:52am
post #6 of 7

I just put a piece of reynolds wrap (doubled) as a dam.. BUT... this is a 9 x 13 right? That is a lot of cake that you have to waste for a 9 x 13 icon_sad.gif about a 1/3 of a cake recipe both for the chocolate and the white icon_sad.gif

jonicca Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 5:10am
post #7 of 7

I use a tilted pan and pour one batter at a time. Place a rolled towel under one side. When you take the towel away, it just levels itself off. . .No dividers necessary icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%