Help With A 100Th Birthday For Man!

Decorating By nefcook21 Updated 22 Jun 2008 , 6:00pm by azureblu

nefcook21 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing a full sheet cake for a man's 100th birthday and I am coming up blank. The only thing the customer gave me to go on was "make it pretty". Well when I think of pretty I think of flowers but flowers aren't very masculine.
Also I do know he likes baseball and was thinking about making the 100 in the shape of a bat and two baseballs but didn't want it to end up looking juvenile. Any suggestions?

TIA!

6 replies
nefcook21 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 4:02am
post #2 of 7

Does anyone have any suggestions?????

dbramble1020 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 4:31am
post #3 of 7

I like the idea of the 100 made with a bat and baseballs. It would depend on what else is on the cake if it will look juvenile or not. Maybe a baseball cap or logo of his favorite team. Baseball jersey.

If you are doing a full sheet cake, you could do a time line for the last 100 years. It would have to include the birth of man. Maybe include the years his favorite baseball team won the world series (if they ever did). Weddings, births, etc could be included on the line. Just a thought . . .

nefcook21 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 4:34am
post #4 of 7

dbramble--thank you so much for the reply. I like the timeline idea. Thank you!! icon_biggrin.gif

azureblu Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:40am
post #5 of 7

Don't know if I am in time for this.
Also not sure of your skills, but I made a sheet cake and put a top hat, cane with sliver top, mens gloves and a gents pocket watch laying on fondant tablecloth....Azure

nefcook21 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:00am
post #6 of 7

azureblu--That sounds like a beautiful cake. I came down with a virus the night I was doing the cake so I ended up just writing happy birthday with a big 100 in the middle and then put we love you underneath. A couple of fancy borders and some glitter. They were thrilled! I really wanted to make it special but felt horrible.

Thanks for the idea though I will definately keep that as a reference for future cakes.

azureblu Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 7

Hi Nancy, I'm so sorry you were sick.. I hate when that happens. I hope you are on the mend

Yes the cake is really nice. I would post a picture, but when my old computer crashed, I lost 28 folders of pictures icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%