? Re: Foam Pads For Gumpaste Flowers, Etc

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 17 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm by Trixyinaz

Trixyinaz Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 5

I bought one at Michaels over the weekend, and the darn thing is so small (maybe 4" x 4", max 5" by 5"), I had problems using it last night to frill my calla lillies b/c my petal was bigger than the pad.

I can't figure out where to get them or what they are called other than foam pads. When I do a search online, I get mattress pads AARGH!!!! I went to Global Sugar Arts website and can't find them there either. Am I missing something?

If you have a big pad, like the size of a letter size paper (8-1/2" x 11"), where did you get it? I'm at a loss here.

4 replies
emrldsky Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 5

CelCakes brand is sold at global sugar art: http://globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=16795

Is that what you're looking for?


peg818 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 5

go back to the art supply store and get a large piece of fun foam and use that, if you can get a thicker one then go for it, i have found them before but not often.

The other thing that is available this time of year are garden kneeling pads, they are made of the same kind of stiff foam that the cell pads are made of, just make sure if you buy one of these that you get the ones that are smooth. Oh by the way you can often find these right in the $ store this time of year.

Trixyinaz Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 5

I'm sure and the description was vague. But I went to their site and did a search for CelPads and something came up that I think is what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Trixyinaz Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks PEG, that helps a lot. I'm gonna hit the dollar store tonight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%