Corn Syrup & Sprinkles

Baking By notsoperfectcakes Updated 17 Jun 2008 , 9:28pm by linedancer

notsoperfectcakes Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 4

Good Morning Everyone,

A few days ago someone post a pic of their cookies & they said they brushed their cookie with corn syrup and then added crystal sprinkles..Of course I couldn't find who did this but I would like to try it..I was wondering is it light corn syrup that you used? If you have any other helpful tips that would be great too, this is one I haven't done beofre & I am donationing lemon shaped cookies to a friend for a lemonade stand to raise $$ for childrens sick kids heart floor. If you have any pics of lemon cookies could you please send them to me, it seems the easier the request from people the harder it is for my brain to work!!!
Have a WONDERFUL TUESDAY EVERYONE & THANK FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE
Audrey

3 replies
bonniebakes Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 4

Audrey,

there are some lemon cookies in my picutres that I did for a lemonade stand. They were super easy!!

Bonnie

Joanne914 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 4

I just took a cookie decorating with Michelle Bomarito (of Food Network Fame!) and she showed us how to use "piping gel" to brush on AFTER your cookie is dried, to the place where you want to add sanding sugar/sprinkles,
etc. It was a great tip, and thought I'd pass it on to you since you asked! Happy Baking!

linedancer Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 4

Yes, light corn syrup is what I use. I just brush it on. The card suit cookies in my pictures are done this way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%