Monster Truck Cake

Decorating By jamie7326 Updated 17 Jun 2008 , 4:58am by koalabear

jamie7326 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamie7326 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:42am
post #1 of 7

My son wants a 3d monster truck cake for his 5th bday, I have no clue how to even go about making this. I am by no sense of the word a cake baker, I have just always made thier cakes for thier birthdays, and I think they are getting more confidense in e than I ever could. Any suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated.

6 replies
Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:58am
post #2 of 7

I think the very easiest thing to do would be to buy him a monster truck, do 1/2 or full sheet and use oreo cookie crumbles or crushed cereal or both on the top of the cake, make mounds and tracks and such and then attach the truck with some buttercream under the wheels. That would be cute and super easy! Good luck!! icon_lol.gif

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:07am
post #3 of 7

I saw instructions on the Micheal's website for one....didn't look too hard. It used the car pan. I also think it was in the 2005 Wilton yearbook.
My son is wanting one as well for his 5th b-day in Sept. So I still have time to figure that one out.

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:19am
post #4 of 7

There are instructions on the Wilton Website.

Here http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/bday/hesabigwheel.cfm

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:30am
post #5 of 7

I have one suggestion...if you do the wilton monster truck cake DO NOT try to cover your own donuts with icing...does not work well. Just buy chocolate covered donuts it will save you a ton of misery and time. I know this from experince...lol

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:34am
post #6 of 7

I also did a simple monster truck cake. Made a sheet cake then just piled up icing to make a mound. Purchased the truck and cars at walmart...done!
LL

koalabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koalabear Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:58am
post #7 of 7

I did a 3D Hummer for my DS 4th birthday and used dingdongs for the wheels! Worked out pretty good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%