Hi-Ratio Shortening Shipped To The Desert...

Decorating By kristina67 Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 1:41am by kristina67

kristina67 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone ordered hi-ratio shortening that lives in the desert? The website to order from says that they are not responsible if it melts in route! Yikes! Its 104 degrees where I live and I guarantee I'll be the last stop on the route. I would very much like to try Sharon Zambito's BC. I tried it with Wal-mart brand shortening and it turned out GROSS! Grainy and greasy. I watched her you tube while I was making it so I'm pretty sure i followed the directions well enough. Anyone else try making it with regular shortening? Did you get the same results? I now have 5lbs. of yuckiness and I'm not so sure I want to try it again with the hi-ratio.
Thanks

3 replies
dominique26 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:08am
post #2 of 4

Where in the desert are you located (if you don't mind my asking)? I live in the Phoenix area and I buy my Sweetex at ABC Cake Supply. If you live somewhere close to me I would suggest going there. I use Sweetex and I think it makes a HUGE difference.

CakeDiva73 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:42am
post #3 of 4

I was just getting ready to order from bakers kitchen and they have no disclaimer regarding heat.....it was 99 degrees here today! Maybe I should rethink this.....hmmm. I tried SS buttercream and it was super smooth and lovely to work with, much less greasy then other crisco based recipes. But I had to buy the Sweetex in town and they charge a bloody fortune so I found a site that is cheaper, even with the s/h.

kristina67 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:41am
post #4 of 4

I'm in St. George Utah...nobody here sells it and I even went to Las Vegas to try and find it and had no luck. That's why I would like to hear from someone that has had it shipped in the heat. Cakediva which website did you find it on? Thanks for talking to me about this you guys. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%