Transfer On Creamcheese Icing?

Decorating By spencersmom98 Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 6:23pm by abslu

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a cinnamon breakfast cake with cream cheese icing, in the shape of a guitar. I want to do a Hannah Montana transfer, and was wondering what type of icing would work best for a transfer ontop of the cream cheese icing? Or does it even matter? Thanks in advance for your help!

3 replies
abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 4

First of all, that sounds ABSOLUTELY delicious!!!! Are you talking about a FBCT on top of this cake? I have never tried a FBCT with anything but Buttercream Dream, and they always come out OK. You might try it with the creamcheese frosting, just make sure to grease (I use crisco) the waxed paper you make the FBCT on and freeze it really well so it's nice and firm. Good luck, I hope this was of some help. Now I'm hungry for a cinnamon roll!! icon_biggrin.gif

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for the reply! Maybe I'll try one FBCT out of the creamcheese icing, and one out of BC, just to be on the safe side! lol This will be my first FBCT, so I should probably have extras for breakage, anyway! lol Do you need to cover it while it freezes?

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 4

I don't cover mine when I freeze them. Just lay them flat and let them freeze. I made one for a cake I did that was due today. I made it Sunday afternoon and left it in the freezer, uncovered till last night. It was fine! I LOVE doing FBCTs. They are easy, and they come out so nice. Just make sure the wax paper is nice and flat before starting, or the transfer will have little ripples in it! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif Good luck! Post a picture, and let me know if the creamcheese frosting works for a transfer!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%