Fondant Saver

Decorating By crl Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 10:56pm by Yomomma

crl Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 6

I just wanted to share a new tool I bought that has proven to keep my fondant as fresh as the day I made it. I recently invested in the Reynolds Handi-Vac Vacuum Sealer. I thought it might be an inexpensive way to keep my fondant from drying out because my ziploc bags weren't cutting it. I have to say it's been about 3 weeks since I made my batch of fondant and it is sitting on the counter as soft and pliable as if I just made it. The best part is the bag is like a ziploc bag, so when I need some fondant, I just open the bag, get what I need, and seal it back up and suck the air out of it.

5 replies
butterflywings Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 6

OMG -- I LOVE my handi-vac. I used to use one of those food sealer machines, which are fine, but EXPENSIVE. These bags are much easier to clean and reuse.

plbennett_8 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 6

Me too, Meeeee Tooooo! Love it! icon_biggrin.gif It is so handy, easy to use, and the bags are cheap to buy! icon_smile.gif

Yomomma Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 6

I've not heard of this product. Where do you get it and how much $$?

butterflywings Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 6

I bought mine at Wal-mart for about $6 or $7 for the vac, and the bags are about $3 (in quart and gallon sizes). They are found in the isle with the other zip-loc bags, plastic wraps, aluminum foil, wax paper, etc...

Yomomma Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll check it out next time I'm there.

Thanks for the heads up on this product!

Quote by @%username% on %date%