Clay Pasta Machine--Uses???

Decorating By aswartzw Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 7:49pm by aswartzw

aswartzw Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 13

I'm considering buying a pasta machine but I'm not sure what the advantages are compared to rolling. For those of you who have one, will you let me know why you like it better than regular rolling?

12 replies
JoAnnB Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 13

Using a pasta/clay roller gives you perfectly even thinness for flower petals and ribbons and can be useful for drapes.

Saves a lot of energy and makes them all uniform.

aswartzw Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 13

I think you just gave me the answer I was looking for. Drapes! I'd love to try these but know I'd never get them perfectly even by rolling them.

Thanks so much!

Cakebelle Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 13

I too generally use the pasta machine for rolling out gumpaste for even thickness. Works like a charm!

tonedna Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 13

All I can say is perfect even sheets of rolled gumpaste or fondant..It just doesnt fail..worth every penny. I got an attachment for my KA. I use it for gumpaste flowers is amazing!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

kimblyd Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 13

I love mine, it works great for candy clay too. icon_razz.gif

I bought mine at Hobby Lobby and used the 40% off coupon. I forgot how much it cost, but it wasn't that much.

aswartzw Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:07pm
post #7 of 13

The reason I'm asking is Joann's is selling one for $10. It's 60% off so I figured I'd run out and get one tonight if I could come up with a good reason. thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 13

Be careful..I had a friend that had one from Michaels that didnt work as well, she managed well with it though!

Maria_Campos Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 13

I have a hand pasta roller and an attchement for my KA. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, and it's much faster than rolling it yourself, easy on the wrest and an even sheet everytime! I use for all my cakes! My last wedding cake I used it for my drapes and ribbons! GO FOR IT!!!!!! you will not regret, and you got a good price, just make sure it was not used before with clay.

ccr03 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:16pm
post #10 of 13

I got mine from Joann's the day after Thanksgiving for $10-$8 and it's great. Sure, it's not 100% perfect, but I have VERY much used it!!! totally worth getting it!!

Pama2d Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:16pm
post #11 of 13

I just went and bought the one on sale @ Joann's today at lunch. It's normally $24.99... figured it couldn't hurt to try it. I'm sure there are better out there.. but for what I do with it... I'd rather not spend a ton of money on one. And if it doesn't work properly, it can always be returned.

Maria_Campos Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:25pm
post #12 of 13

I brough this one Atlas Pasta Machine from ebay, I love it, but it's works better if you have a clip to clip it to the table or you will need someone to turn it for you while you guide out the gumpaste or fondant.

I just use my Kitchen Aid attachment know, much faster and I have two free hands, before I would have my 5 year old son turn the handle for me

aswartzw Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:49pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks everyone for your awesome advice. I can't wait to get it now! With all my 50% off coupons at Joann's this week (4 of them!!), I'm in cake heaven! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%