Melvira - You Saved Me!

Decorating By awolf24 Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 3:28pm by Melvira

awolf24 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 2

This is just a big shout-out to Melvira for saving me this weekend with your high density foam roller method of smotthing buttercream! THANK YOU! I have to say that I had bought the rollers in the past, tried them and it wasn't quite working for me. Then this weekend I was making a wedding cake on Friday and was having major issued with my icing dragging and getting holes and generally not smoothing for me. I had altered my standard slightly (substitured more Sweetex for butter to get it more white instead of ivory) and maybe it was the alteration or the weather or whatever, but it WAS crusting well for me. The light bulb went on and I dug out the rollers. Success! It worked like a charm. I used it on the top two tiers of the wedding cake I was making (you can still see some issues but believe me, it looks SO much better than it did) and it worked even better on the Father's Day cake for my husband. I can't thank you enough. And I am now a true "Melvira method" convert.

Oh - and congratulations on your newest little man. He is ADORABLE. Hope you and your family are doing well.

1 reply
Melvira Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 2

I am absolutely thrilled to hear of your success!!! What a wonderful way to be converted, eh? Success always feels fantastic! And you will have better luck with hi-ratio as compared to butter in my opinion. (Of course, that butter sure tastes good, doesn't it?) icon_wink.gif

Congratulations again!! And thanks for the kind words about my new guy! He's fantastic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%