What's Your Fav?

Decorating By TantalizingTreats Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 1:38am by sassycleo

TantalizingTreats Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 5

So I'm just wondering what are the best cake decorating books are out there. I have heard of Colette Peters and Margaret Braun.. But haven't seen their books yet. I am thinking of purchasing some books to better my skills and creativness. But before I do.. I wanna know what ones are your favorites?

4 replies
TexasSugar Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 5

Because we all have our own likes and dislikes and so forth, it may be hard to get the answer you want here. I once went out and bought a book everyone raved about. I didn't dislike it, but after I got it home I was like, this isn't as good as I thought it was going to be.

Have you checked out your local library? They sometimes have cake books there. Then you can atleast flip through the book and see if it suits the types of cake decorating you do.

Also try book stores. I have bought many a cake decorating books at Barns and Nobles. And I like that as opposed to online because then you get to look through it and see if it will really interest you.

ras3 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 5

Ditto on the library, that's where I learned how to decorate in the first place. You can check out ALL of the books they have and then buy the one that you really liked. Sometimes you can find great books on ebay, especially if they are out of print.

foxymomma521 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 1:22am
post #4 of 5

I LOVE www.abebooks.com
you can buy lots of books used, with free shipping! My fav books are the Wilton Encyclopedias...hth!

sassycleo Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 1:38am
post #5 of 5

Once you've checked out the library and book stores make up your list of who and what you want book wise. Check out www.Half.com - they are a division of ebay and are great for used even new books at a fraction of the cost.

Quote by @%username% on %date%