Horse Loving Soon-To-Be My Oldest Grandson's Bride

Decorating By Lovemypups Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 1:40pm by gateaux

Lovemypups Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovemypups Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 6

I've got the groom's cake nailed -- a cowboy hat and some cartoony characters (a cow pony with Jeremiah lassoed at the end of the rope, Kelly getting off the horse, and little Riley (their son) looking through a fence. But I want to do a semi-feminine bridal cake. They are not having a formal wedding but a reception/party will be hosted by a good friend at his ranch. They had a big wedding planned a few years ago, the exact day that Francis blew through our town and, to put it bluntly, Kelly doesn't want to go through another wedding planning session with her mother. Kelly has ridden horses since she was old enough to get into a saddle and is now really into buying horses and training them to be cow ponies, hence the cartoony idea above. She loves purple. Since the groom's cake will be kinda outside the box, do you think a small "girly" cake with purple flowers would be okay? Should I try to incorporate something like a bandana or maybe some cow skulls? She wouldn't mind. Input? TIA Ann

5 replies
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 2:34am
post #2 of 6

I think the girly idea is a good one, since the grooms cake will be a really cool cake representing their life and on the funny cool side.

Do you remember what she was getting originally? Maybe so something like that but on a smaller scale. Unless she really does not want that at all. Although she might have changed her mind by now too.

Good Luck.

Lovemypups Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovemypups Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 6

I have no idea what she wanted. I hadn't gotten back into cake decorating at that point and her mother was in control anyway. Thanks for your input. I'm going to go with a girlie cake, small, with some purple flowers. I don't know what at this point but I know I need to get thinking -- seriously thinking.

gateaux Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 2:34am
post #4 of 6

Good Luck, ask you grandson what he favorite flowers are.... he should really know that by now... LOL!

All the best and most of all have lots of fun.

Good Luck

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:30am
post #5 of 6

Maybe as a border, you could do a corral fence all around the cake?

gateaux Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:40pm
post #6 of 6

I like the corral idea too! Especially if you have a tiered cake. You could have 2 or 3 small layers "really feminine and the bottom one, be the corral. Just really subble! It would be fun.

Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%