My First "big Girl Cake" - Dora Fbct

Decorating By mickey67 Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 2:00am by NayNay2

mickey67 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 8

I just posted a picture in my photos. It was a Dora FBCT. It was far from perfect: There were a ton of squiggles in my FBCT, I ended up getting crumbs in my icing (obvious in the pic), I couldn't get the icing smooth, and my roses look more like lavender artichokes. But my daughter loved it, no one could believe I actually made it, and it tasted good. So ultimately I was happy with my first stab at decorating a cake. I learned alot and I can't wait to make another one!

7 replies
PinkZiab Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 1:46am
post #2 of 8

I had to post when I saw your cake: Not only is it an adorable cake, and a WONDERFUL job for your first time (I'd never guess it was your first), but I also had to write because my daughter is also named Marin, and it's so rare I encounter someone else with that name, with the same spelling as well.

Great job! icon_smile.gif

Acts238girl Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 1:56am
post #3 of 8

That is so cute! You should be proud of yourself!

tracey1970 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 2:16am
post #4 of 8

Great job. What a cute Dora. I have also only done one FBCT, and I learned a lot from it. Hoping my next one will be better now that I know what I'm doing. While you should be proud of this one, you'll no doubt feel even better about the next one!

mickey67 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks ladies!

Tara - how old is your daughter? I get alot of compliments on the name Marin! It's different, but not too different. Your daughter is the first other "Marin" I know about. (except for the TV show Men in trees). And thanks for the compliments on the cake!

PinkZiab Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 8

My daughter is 7 (she'll be 8 in November), and that's what I love about the name. it's different without being weird (such an fine line and very easy to cross lol). I've come across a few other Marins (some Maren, Marrin, etc.) in the last 7 years, but still very rarely. It was a shock to me when she started kindergarten to find there was another Marin in the same grade at her school! I had always said "Well at least she'd be the only Marin in her class (after I grew up always being one of several Taras). Guess not! lol We've moved now, so she's back to being the one and only (in her school anyway lol).

bartar01 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:43am
post #7 of 8

Well, I'm not a Marin or a Tara, but I AM a Tarrah and I think you did an awesome job on your FBCT! thumbs_up.gif Can't wait to see more!

NayNay2 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 2:00am
post #8 of 8

Very cute! You did a great job on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%