Bc Help Fast!!!!

Decorating By miny Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 6:37am by miny

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 8

OK, I been trying several times to make Duff's BC (doctored by Alibugs) and I don't know if it's the "all whites" because it's the first time I use this product but the thing just don't comes to meringue consistency, it's just a watery mess!!!!! icon_mad.gif I don't want to keep throwing ingredients to the trash but I need a delish BC recipe That's not too sweet and can be used under fondant, I been checking the recipe section but I wanted tho get advise from people who have actually tasted them. Please help FAST!!!
Thank you in advance.

7 replies
FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 8

I'm sorry. I don't have any advice. I tried it with the all whites, and a) didn't like the smell. b) it did not whip into firm peaks. I think I wound up using really eggs to try the recipe, and I just didn't like it. It tasted like sweet butter to me.

There has been some threads on how to fix. I will scan to see if I can find it.

brogi2baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brogi2baker Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 8

although not a meringue recipe, I love the buttercream dream recipe in here. It is sweet but not too sweet, rich and creamy. It also comes to a light crust. It tends to be very thin if you use all the milk, so it spreads very nice under fondant. I also use high quality vanilla not the clear wilton if using under something and not tinting, makes it even better.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 8

is it really hot or humid where you are? that might be the culprit...just a though as i haven't used that recipie before-i use the wilton buttercream and have never had a prob under fondant- check the recipies for the best BC (wilton tastes a bit sweet for me so i cut the sugar by about a cup)

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 8

Hi Miny, is this the recipe you used: http://www.bakespace.com/index.php?mode=listing&act=show&lst_id=9874 ? IUf not, which recipe do you use??

miny Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 8

I'm in California ,thank you for your help guys, I also thought about the buttercream dream or indydebi's but I think I'll try the BC dream since that's the one that got the vote first from my 2 choices. Thanks a million. icon_smile.gif
By the way I'm not use to BC because the only one I knew was the wilton and I don't like it at all, so I use whipped topping on most of my cakes.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 8:16pm
post #7 of 8

Try flavoring with almond instead of vanilla or butter flavoring. I find this to be very tasty and not overly "sweet" and everyone who has tasted mine loves the unique flavor. But if you are puting it under fondant, you should be using a very thin layer that would not really would be enough to taste. The eaters will be tasting the fondant. thumbs_up.gif

miny Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:37am
post #8 of 8

Thank you all for your helpful tips, I went with the BC dream and I flavored it with coconut, I'll try the almond next time. I just used it to crumb coat and then covered with SI and it was really tasty and not that sweet. I'll post the pic of my tequila bottle sometime during the week because I don't have my camera with me right now. Once again thanks!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%