Decorators Delight Reversible Turntable.....anyone Review?

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 7:07am by veejaytx

CakeDiva73 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking to get a new turntable because the Wilton one is crooked and I cannot fix it.....I long to toss it out the bloody window. So I found this one:

with free side is either a 14" round and 10" round or you can get the one that is a 10" round a rectangle for sheetcakes...has anyone used this? Is it heavy duty or cheap? thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
veejaytx Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 7

I have one of these, the one with the 10" round and the rectangle for sheet cakes, and I really like it. I'm not sure if it is the same brand as GSA, it doesn't have a brand marked on it, but it looks the same.

It is solid and works very well. HTH

editing to add I bought mine locally at Cake Carousel in Richardson.

CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 3:49am
post #3 of 7

Thank you for the review icon_smile.gif I was dying to know if it worked or not. Do you do sheetcakes? Because I don't so I am wondering if I should get the round/round rather then the rectangle....but I do some really big cakes and squares so maybe it would come in handy afterall? icon_rolleyes.gif

veejaytx Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:09am
post #4 of 7

Yes, I do some sheet cakes, some round, but the rectangle is bigger (20" x 14"), so it works no matter what shape or size you might be working on. Of course, the 14" is pretty big and would support bigger cakes too, so I guess it is just a choice to make.

Being double layered like this one is, it raises the cake 4" and makes it a little easier to work on too. Wish I could tell for sure it is the same one, but it does look like it.

As I said, it is very sturdy, rolls on ball bearings. I think you'd be happy with it.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:27am
post #5 of 7

I just bought one from country kitchen. I think it has a 14in round and on the flip side a rectangle about the size of a half sheet. I love it!!!!! holds a tiered cake.

CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:43am
post #6 of 7

Oh, I am so excited!! My Wilton is such a piece of crap, if I can be blunt, and my DH was talking about having his buddie make me one...... icon_confused.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

So, long story short, I am getting one! I am assuming this is really level, right? And I am thinking of just getting the huge one since they are the same size (the rectangle instead of round). Can't wait because my icing has been a train wreck lately and I sure do hope this helps me.....

veejaytx Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:07am
post #7 of 7

Congrats, glad you are getting one. Yes, it is very level and stays in place because it is heavy weight!

Let us know what you think after you try it out~

Quote by @%username% on %date%