Sams Club Cake Vs. A Homemade Creation (Long)

Decorating By Jayde Updated 15 Jun 2008 , 4:43pm by terrylee

Jayde Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 5

I had a b-day cake yesterday. The mom was a very good friend of mine. She asked me to do her son's first birthday cake, she didnt want me to do a big cake, she wanted me to only do his smash cake, and the big cake would be bought at Sams. I was ok, with it, even though I offered to make the big cake for her. After talking about it she told me what she wanted, settled on a design, the cake was going to be wonderful (thank you Doug again for the wonderful carving advice).

I deliver the cake, everyone ooohs and ahhs over it. Then came time for the birthday boy to tear into it. They ripped the top off of it, and he started going to town, but alas it was too much cake for such a little guy.

Now hubby and I are VERY good friends with her whole family, and her sisters were in from out of town too. I had just made a cake in Feb. for her older sister for HER sons first birthday, and everyone loved that one too. Now, the older sister I love, she is blunt, and pretty much tells it how it is. So once the birthday boy is finished with his cake, the older sister sits down with a spoon, and starts eating his smash cake leftovers! Then the youngest sisters (who are twins) start doing the same thing. There are 3 of them going to town eating this 4-inch cake.

The b-day boys mom, says "Guys there is plenty of cake here (meaning the Sams cake) do you want a piece?" The oldest sister says, "No offense, but that cake is disgusting compared to this one. This one is so chocolatey and moist, and that one is dry and medicinal tasting." She said it loud enough for everyone to hear. Then she turns around and sees me, I just walked into the kitchen, and proceeds to tell me that I make the best tasting cakes that she has ever had. She has cravings for my cakes, and has thought about ordering just cake with some frosting slapped on it, and no decorations just to get a good tasting cake.

I was grinning so much my cheeks hurt the rest of the day. Just thought I'd share icon_biggrin.gif .

4 replies
chutzpah Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 5

HAH!

indydebi Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 5

i LUV these stories!! When I get a story like this (although I dont' think I've had one that ranks up there with this kind of compliment!), I tell folks "Oh please ... get me a crowbar so I can pry this smile off of my face!" icon_biggrin.gif <------- yeah..... it looks like that!

Congrats on a great compliment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chassidyg Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 5

Did anyone eat the poor sams cake after she said that? I hope someone got a pic of them going to town on the babys cake! That'd be to funny!

Congrats on the great compliment! I'll bet she thinks twice next time about ordering from Sams!

terrylee Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 5

A good pat on the back always feel sooooo good.
Congrats...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%