Kid Friendly Fillings

Baking By dcb157 Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 9:50pm by Jayde

dcb157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcb157 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making my neice a cake for her 3rd birthday party. It will be mainly kids at the party. I plan to make WASC using a yellow cake mix and frost it with a plain buttercream. Any filling suggestions that kids will enjoy?

I made Oreo cookie filling for her birthday last year so want something different than that.

3 replies
garden259 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
garden259 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 4

I made a yellow cake for my daughter's 3rd birthday last week that had a layer of raspberry filling and two layers of chocolate filling. The guests at our party were both children and adults, and everyone loved the cake. I found the recipe for the raspberry filling on CC--it is the recipe from Merissa. The chocolate filling was made with heavy cream and chocolate pudding mix. I frosted the cake with a pink marshmallow-cream cheese frosting.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 4

Not to contradict the PP, but I am making a cake today for my son's pre-k graduation. His teacher told me the kids don't really dig fruit filling, so I'm doing whipped chocolate ganache. (I wanted to do raspberry)

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 4

I find that kids arent really crazy about fruit fillings either. Try chocolate mousse/ganache, vanilla mousse, peanut butter, strawberry cream, chocolate chip mint. Those are a couple that go over really well for me with kids. Usually my chocolate BC or my chocolate ganache are the crowd pleasers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%