20 Year Class Reunion Cake

Decorating By AmyCakes2 Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 12:19am by AmyCakes2

AmyCakes2 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 3

Need an idea for a class reunion cake....my 20th reunion is coming up in August and need a few suggestions. Our school colors were black & orange, and our graduating class colors were pink & navy (It beat wearing orange!). If there are any decorating ideas to inspire me, please let me know!
FYI: It will be a sheetcake & buttercream icing. I know, I know, but sheetcakes are my forte! icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance!!!

2 replies
justgale Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 1:23pm
post #2 of 3

The attached picture is of the cake we had at my sr. prom. I thought it was real pretty.
My 20 year reunion was in Ca. and I live in Fl. so I called a bakery in the town where the reunion was being held and had them make a sheet cake with roses in the conors and trim the cake in the school colors. Then I had a local bakery here print off an edible image of our school crest. I added it to the middle of the cake when I went to pick it up and had them write on it Welcom back Class of 1986. I took lots of pictures that night but forgot to get one of the cake. It turned out pretty good. I would of liked to done the entire thing myself but it was kind of hard when staying in a hotel room. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. What was your school mascot? That might give you some more ideas to play with.

AmyCakes2 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 12:19am
post #3 of 3

Ooooo, sounds like an idea! icon_smile.gif
Our mascot was a General, so I bet I could find our crest somewhere here in my boxes of memories!
I'll be traveling too, but only 1 1/2 hours. That's not too bad! icon_smile.gif
Thanks for the ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%