20 Year Class Reunion Cake

Decorating By AmyCakes2 Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 12:19am by AmyCakes2

AmyCakes2 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 3

Need an idea for a class reunion cake....my 20th reunion is coming up in August and need a few suggestions. Our school colors were black & orange, and our graduating class colors were pink & navy (It beat wearing orange!). If there are any decorating ideas to inspire me, please let me know!
FYI: It will be a sheetcake & buttercream icing. I know, I know, but sheetcakes are my forte! icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance!!!

2 replies
justgale Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 1:23pm
post #2 of 3

The attached picture is of the cake we had at my sr. prom. I thought it was real pretty.
My 20 year reunion was in Ca. and I live in Fl. so I called a bakery in the town where the reunion was being held and had them make a sheet cake with roses in the conors and trim the cake in the school colors. Then I had a local bakery here print off an edible image of our school crest. I added it to the middle of the cake when I went to pick it up and had them write on it Welcom back Class of 1986. I took lots of pictures that night but forgot to get one of the cake. It turned out pretty good. I would of liked to done the entire thing myself but it was kind of hard when staying in a hotel room. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. What was your school mascot? That might give you some more ideas to play with.
Sherri
LL

AmyCakes2 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 12:19am
post #3 of 3

Ooooo, sounds like an idea! icon_smile.gif
Our mascot was a General, so I bet I could find our crest somewhere here in my boxes of memories!
I'll be traveling too, but only 1 1/2 hours. That's not too bad! icon_smile.gif
Thanks for the ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%