How Far In Advance?....

Business By travelingcakeplate Updated 15 Jun 2008 , 12:01am by travelingcakeplate

travelingcakeplate Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I know brides like to decide on and confirm everything early but my question is, how far in advance should we schedule a tasting and begin to seriously discuss amd nail down the design flavors and everything else. I mean should I just offer an estimate?

I have a couple showing interest for June 2009. I don't want to make it seem like I am blowing them off until next year, but I don't really know what to say. Please tell me how you handle it. The last wedding I did was a willy nilly on the fly kind of thing so there was no question about it.

Thanks in advance--

tcp

3 replies
grama_j Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 4

I would think you could have a tasting any time...... But if you are going to book her this early, make sure you get a deposit up front in case she changes her mind or something....

JulieB Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 4

Booking a cake decorator a year in advance is very common. Six months can be hard to find the cake you want, especially if you want a really good decorator. A savvy bride knows that she will have to pay a good deposit to reserve the date, and she will have to reserve the date early. I would certainly be taking that booking if you're serious about your cakes. Book her, baby!

travelingcakeplate Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 12:01am
post #4 of 4

Thank you very much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%