I Think I Need A Shrink Cause I Have Lost My Mind! Help!

Decorating By pasquerto Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm by tyty

pasquerto Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 8

So, I called one of my deliveries for today and I was talking about how she had a balance left and then she says to me, so you're delivering it NEXT saturday at three right? I covered myself and said yes but the problem is....the cake is finished sitting in the cooler!!!!!! I did it the wrong day! So what can I do with this cake? one tier is lemon curd one is choc ganache and it is all in crusting buttercream. Can I freeze this can I do ANYTHING?! to salvage it? Please let me know what you think and how I can do it...

7 replies
heavenlys Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 8

I don't have any advice about the cake but wanted to let you know Ihave been there!! It SUCKS! Hope someone can help.

pasquerto Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 8

me too...re-doing this would NOT be fun!

revel Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 8

I think the ganache would freeze good..but not sure on the lemon curd...tahts to bad!

Lady_Phoenix Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 8

You can freeze ganache and lemon curd. Just put in the freezer till its solid on a cookie sheet, then wrap in several layers of plastic wrap, followed by heavy duty foil. To defrost, remove the cake from the freezer, remove the plastic bag. Allow to defrost still wrapped. Keeping it wrapped will draw the moisture to the outside of the foil not on your frosted cake. Once the cake it almost completely defrosted, unwrap the foil and Saran Wrap from the cake. Place on a plate to finish defrosting. Some recommend a large plastic bag over the foil, but for a weeks storage I think you can omit the bag. HTH

butterflywings Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 8

I agree w/PP, just have your icing and decorations handy in case you need to do any touch ups or fixers after it thaws and before delivery.

pasquerto Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:43pm
post #7 of 8

so the crusting buttercream won't get all funky?

tyty Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #8 of 8

Just follow the instructions from Lady_Phoenix and you will be just fine. I did the same thing once, only it was 2 cakes! Your crusting bc will be ok. I also use crusting bc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%