Yuck!! Anyone Heard Of This???

Decorating By nmrunyon Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 11:31pm by barbaranoel

nmrunyon Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 4

Ok my dear husband called this morning to check about an order (if you read my post about the problems with him yesterday you will know why this is important). But he called this morning to tell me of an order. A lady wants a raspberry swirl cheesecake frosted in buttercream and an edible image on it. Why on earth would you do that to a cheesecake? She said that she gets them like this in Cinncinati.

Anyone heard of this? I guess things could be stranger as I was nibbling on a corn dog at 7:30 this morning!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
costumeczar Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 4

I cover cheesecakes in meringue buttercream if they're being used for wedding cakes, but I don't think I'd put an edible image on one. That brings to mind the idea of a kid's birthday party with the sweeter icing. That would be sad to put that on a cheesecake...

leily Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 4

I have heard of buttercream on cheesecake and it is actually pretty good. I prefer it cold straight from the fridge though with a little firmer cheesecake.

Pretty uncommon around here... but I have heard of it

barbaranoel Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 4

First of all - YUCK! That does not sound appealing at all.

Second - I see you are from Delaware - So am I!! Where at if you don't mind me asking?
I live on the East side - behind Oakland Nursery.

Barb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%