Question About Royal And Buttercream

Decorating By Aliwis000 Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 6:43pm by TexasSugar

Aliwis000 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 4

I know this is a really dumb question but I have to ask. I am going to make some royal roses today so they will dry and then monday or so I am going to make some chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing. I want to put a rose on each and then some leaves etc. However buttercream breaks down royal icing right? So how do I put these on the cupcakes without having them disolve?
Thanks forall the help in advance, and for putting up with newbies like me!

3 replies
TexasSugar Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 4

They will be fine on there. The buttercream may soften (more from the moisture in the buttercream) the roses over time, but they are not going to start melting as soon as the royal touches the bettercream.

Yes it is very important to keep grease away from royal when making it, but I have piped royal on wax paper that was smeared with crisco and it dried just fine and never melted.

Aliwis000 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you very much!!! I very much appreciate the advice. I hope my cupcakes turn out 10% as nice as your cakes TexasSugar!

TexasSugar Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 4

You are welcome and thank you!

If you want to dry those roses a little faster, you can always put them in the oven with just the light on. Make sure you put a note on the knob so you or no one else turns it on, but that will help dry them faster for you. I know the weather here in east texas is humid and rainy today. That slows down drying time and the larger flowers need 24-48 hours to dry on good days. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%