Pc Is So Slow On This Site...is It The Advertising?

Decorating By Jopalis Updated 15 Jun 2008 , 6:10pm by TnSwtHart

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:31am
post #1 of 8

It seems to take me forever to navigate the site. I was wondering if my pc is having a problem. Anyone else? Does the ads effect it? Thanks.

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:41am
post #2 of 8

I've noticed that sometimes the site is slow for me and other times it's not. If it's always slow for you then it really could be the ads...there's a lot. It could also be your settings in internet explorer...your security settings...or you might try deleting your temporary files. Another thing to try would be downloading mozilla firefox and seeing if the site was any faster for you with it...the only downside is that most websites are made to look their best with IE and may look strange with firefox.

Also, your virus program might be slowing it down. I've used a few different virus programs in the last few months, and I noticed that bit defender slowed it down a lot, kapersky worked well, f-secure didn't affect the speed of IE but didn't detect viruses anywhere either, and quick heal, which I'm using now, slows IE down a little bit.

4laynes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4laynes Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 2:30am
post #3 of 8

I was wondering the same thing. Mine is c..r..a..w..l..i..n..g..........

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 8

I see the same Ikea ad 3 times on this page right now.

What's the point in that?!?

And yes, mine goes slow too. I keep several windows open at once so I can read something else while I'm waiting for CC to load.

kurn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kurn Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 8

I used to think it was my old computer, but I have a brand new really nice HP and it is still just as slow on this site.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 8

Mine is EXTREMELY slow!!!!! I have become so fed up with it....not really worth the time.....and I usually don't have the time to look and just browse anymore. It's disappointing.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 6:03pm
post #7 of 8

I love this site so much that I just work around the lack of ANY speed. I'll be doing laundry, sorting recipes, checking bills, all during the downloads. I thought it was my pc at first but it is not this slow for other things

TnSwtHart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TnSwtHart Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 6:10pm
post #8 of 8

It also depends on the number of people viewing the site. The more people on the site, the slower the server is trying to 'serve' all those viewing the site. I have cable internet and it is fast. However, no matter what the site, if it is popular, there are times any site will move slow. That is just the way the internet works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%