Wedding Cake To Serve 65? This "planner" Is Out O

Decorating By sassycleo Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 3:05am by -K8memphis

sassycleo Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:28am
post #1 of 70

I received a call from a "planner" in the past day. I say "planner" because I am already annoyed with this one.

So the call I get is from a woman who says she's a "planner". She is an owner of Country Gourmet, Chef Owner/Event Planner.

She contacted me in regards to needing a cake for July 19th, a cake to serve 65. She says they are interested in Fondant. Ok so we set a tentative date for Tues evening for a tasting. She was supposed to call me back to let me know if this was a firm meeting. I also needed to find out from them what flavors to taste.

So she doesn't call me, I had to call her today which is what started my referring to her as a "planner". She was meeting with the couple tonight at 7:30 I told her I needed to find out what the flavors were going to be. She told me she would call me this evening when meeting with them to confirm and discuss flavors. So no call. Hmm.....

So I just checked my email - now keep in mind a cake for 65. She sent me a picture of what they are looking for and here is the list of cakes yes I said cakes - ok so 3 flavors is what I was thinking max. The cake is going to be small if we are only serving 65.

I'm in shock at this point over this list, here it is:
Cake
Butter Pound
Cherry, Chocolate, Chocolate Decadence, Chocolate Pound, Coconut
French Vanilla, Orange Velvet
Strawberry
White, Yellow

Filling
Apricot Jam, Bavarian Cream, Buttercream
Chocolate Cream, Lemon Curd, Lime Curd
Orange Curd, Pastry Cream, Pineapple Curd
Raspberry Cream, Raspberry Preserves, Strawberry Cream

Icings: They would like to try your "Rolled Fondant", Regular Fondant and Chocolate Fondant, Butter Cream and Ganache Glaze.

Who on earth offers this many flavors to taste???? I'm going to loose more money over the tasting then I am going to make in doing this cake.

Also should I be charging a rush charge since they have contacted me just over a month before the due date??

I'm attaching a picture of the cake, any suggestion on how to do this to serve 65 is going to be very much appreciated.

I'm still trying to figure out how to nicely put it in an email there is no way in Haties I am making all of that cake, filling and icings for the tasting. Any suggestions?
LL

69 replies
JoAnnB Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:49am
post #2 of 70

Just tell the 'planner' that the tasting is for two flavors and one or two fillings (especially if they are things like jam) That is enough for them to tell you can bake. the rest is just silly.

chutzpah Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:53am
post #3 of 70

jeez. Can you spell g-r-e-e-d-y? And for a dinky ol' cake, too.

I never let them choose. I have the most popular flavors in the freezer and that's what they get.

Texas_Rose Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:54am
post #4 of 70

Personally, I'd be having second thoughts about doing it at all...it sounds like the planner, or the couple, or the combination of planner and couple is a real PITA.

I can't imagine who could even sample that many cakes or combinations in one sitting. Either they can't make up their minds, they've never had cake, or they want enough free cake to last them a good while.

I think you should figure out what is a reasonable amount of choices to offer, or what you can do without spending a lot of money or time, and then just offer that. Say something like, "As a custom cake designer, I bake all of my cakes fresh for each occasion. Because of that, unlike some larger bakeries, I do not have a freezer full of cakes ready for a tasting. The first three flavors (or whatever your limit would be) will be provided for the tasting as a part of the cost of the wedding cake. Each additional flavor requested will be an additional charge of (insert your cost here), which will not be deducted from the cost of the wedding cake. Please let me know which flavors your clients will be interested in sampling."

If you really were providing all of that for a tasting on Tuesday, you'd probably have to work nonstop until then to get it all done...either that event planner has no clue, or she makes cakes too and she's ticked that they want one of yours and not hers.

sassycleo Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:03am
post #5 of 70

Texas Rose,

Thank you so much if you don't mind I might use your whole example...lol I'd like to do the cake and yes there is a PITA involved but I don't believe it's the couple. I'm a bit irritated this "planner" is so lax in returning phone calls etc, especially since the wedding is only a month away.

Any suggestion on how to pull that cake off for 65? I don't see how to get it done for anything less then a 6-8-10 which is way more cake then they need. If I do that , then two flavors simple as that I'm not making a 6in cake a completely different flavor from the rest. What waste!

I am also not sure at this point if there should be a rush charge or just put it in the pricing. I normally start my fondant (which I haven't done a whole lot of people in my area are on the cheaper side...lol) at $4/svg maybe since it's a short notice cake $4.25/4.50? She made the mistake of sending me the link with the pricing information for this cake which the original maker of it charges $12/svg in Conneticut (it's late my spelling sucks..lol)

MaisieBake Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:09am
post #6 of 70
Quote:
Quote:

I can't imagine who could even sample that many cakes or combinations in one sitting. Either they can't make up their minds, they've never had cake, or they want enough free cake to last them a good while.

Or they don't know how wedding cake tastings work because they've never thrown their own wedding before.

Maybe the planner should have reined them in, but I think the planner could argue that that's your job, that you should have set limitations on the testing when she called you to begin to set it up.

sassycleo Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:13am
post #7 of 70

Ok Maisie I understand your point as far as giving them limitations when we began setting this up, but it never got that far. That was supposed to have been what the call this evening was for. At that point I wasn't even sure if we were a definite go for Tues. evening.

FromScratch Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:45am
post #8 of 70

I allow 2 cake and 2 filling flavors at a tasting.. and they pay for the tasting. I would simply state that you have a X and X limit on flavors for tastings because the tasting is to see if they like your baking.. not to test out umpteen different flavor combinations. If they require more tasting cakes the charge will be $xx.xx.

As for making it to feed 65.. a 6-8-10 is 65 servings in my book.. 10-20-35 servings for those cake sizes.. So that would be spot on for servings.

icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:47am
post #9 of 70

I have pretty much been to every bakery in town (we tried this wedding thing twice already, but for some odd reason I kept getting pregnant.. icon_confused.gif ) and we were never given any choices. We sampled what they gave us and that was that. And believe me, they were not offering orange velvet with lime curd. It was white cake with bc and choc. cake with choc. bc.

I think this "planner" is nuts if she expects you to make all that. I wouldn't even offer to do more than 2 or 3 flavors even at an extra charge. Considering how small a "sample" is and what a normal recipe yields, you will have a lot of extra cake and filling...unless you have recipes that only yield one slice of cake. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

indydebi Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 1:22pm
post #10 of 70

To me, a tasting is to determine if I can bake. My white cake will taste just as good as my lemon cake except it will taste like lemon.

When you are shopping for a new blouse at Sears, you can take 12 blouses in and out of the fitting room to see which blouse you want to buy. I am not a cake fitting room. I am not offering you 12 blouse-cakes to "try on".

I had this with a recent bride on a catering tasting. She wanted 4 or 5 meats, 3 or 4 starches, and she'd "let me" pick the 3 veggies to sample. AND she wanted to sample "fresh fruit". Holy Moly, lady, you're telling me you've never eaten a freakin' strawberry before???? icon_eek.gif

For a sampling, especially a free one, they dont' get to dictate what they are "sampling" ..... you get to tell them what they get to sample.

I am not a restaurant where I can just go back into the kitchen and scoop up one of everything on the menu. Nor am I a walmart-type bakery who has a freezer full of every cake I put out on display.

I'd also question the "experience" of this planner. It's too easy to add "wedding planner" to a business card with nothing to back it up. (I saw a yellow pages ad under the "wedding planner" category once and it was a deli!!! You're telling me that being able to put meat and cheese on a tray qualifies you to plan an entire weddign?????)

sassycleo Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 1:39pm
post #11 of 70

I whole heartedly agree with you Debi. I was shocked at the list this "planner" sent over. I could care less if she is a chef yadda yadda. If your a chef then why aren't you providing the cake?

I also feel that an experience planner knows what goes into a tasting all of the work and prep. They I feel understand that it's more of a small taste and meet with the designer.

I am annoyed she said she was going to call and instead emailed. Maybe this was her way of trying to get to taste all of these flavors with out actually having to discuss it over the phone and hear the words no?

This was my reply - I think it was short to the point of letting her know I never agreed on the millions of flavors and that she had dropped the proverbial ball a bit.

"Iâve got you scheduled for 6pm Tuesday evening June 17th for your consultation. What are the bride and groom names?

When we spoke earlier today, I was given the impression that you would be calling this evening and we would be discussing how many flavors to have your bride and groom choose. As a custom cake designer, I bake all of my cakes fresh for each occasion. Because of that, unlike some larger bakeries, I do not have a freezer full of cakes ready for a tasting. Three flavors of cake, filling and icing will be provided for the tasting as a part of the cost of the wedding cake. Please let me know which flavors your clients will be interested in sampling."

I'm tired of these "planners" who think they are going to be the boss. Um, no sorry I'm the one in charge of my business thank you very much!,...lol

alicegop Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:15pm
post #12 of 70

I do ONE flavor of cake.... and I might split that in half with a bead of frosting and put in 2 fillings. Not being a bakery and I have to open a whole sleeve of filling for a tasting... I try to discourage the cake tasting as much as possible. Usually I get away with this, once in awhile they insist.... I slap something ugly together. In the future I am going to off "ugly" cakes which are a cake slapped together with one layer of filling and frosted in a hap hazard way.. I don't need to be spending time on something that isn't a sure thing. And I'll charge them for it. I will charge what it costs for a box of cake mix and a sleeve of filling..... Then they can have as many flavors as they want... so long as they pay for it.

HerBoudoir Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm
post #13 of 70

To be fair, you did open the door by asking them what they wanted to taste. If you've ever watched Bridezillas, you know that just about anyone can call themselves a wedding planner - it doesn't mean they really are in the know of what you, the cake decorator, need to go through to provide samples. Educate them, give them guidelines and limits.

Regarding serving sizes - put together a couple of configurations of what sizes they could get that get them "close" to 65.....then they pay for how many that configuration feeds.

snarkybaker Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:43pm
post #14 of 70

Dear "Planner",

For orders over $500 we provide 3 6 inch cake samples included in the wedding package. Since this is a relatively small wedding,we will be happy to provide some cupcakes etc. so that you and your client are comfortable with our work. I am happy to make as many six inch cakes as your client requires. They are $22.00 each. Please feel free to call me with your final choices and credit card number so that I can begin preparing your cake samples.

Misdawn Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:55pm
post #15 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

Dear "Planner",

For orders over $500 we provide 3 6 inch cake samples included in the wedding package. Since this is a relatively small wedding,we will be happy to provide some cupcakes etc. so that you and your client are comfortable with our work. I am happy to make as many six inch cakes as your client requires. They are $22.00 each. Please feel free to call me with your final choices and credit card number so that I can begin preparing your cake samples.

I like what she said!!!

-K8memphis Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:09pm
post #16 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycleo

I also feel that an experience planner knows what goes into a tasting all of the work and prep. They I feel understand that it's more of a small taste and meet with the designer.

I am annoyed she said she was going to call and instead emailed....

I'm tired of these "planners" who think they are going to be the boss. Um, no sorry I'm the one in charge of my business thank you very much!,...lol

Here is my opinion. You come off as if the world is out to get you. I don't think you are ready to deal with planners. You invite them to set the stage then you decide that you do not like their way of doing business and blast them for it.

If you are in charge of your business, then when someone calls for a cake in 10 days say, "Bring me cash today, sweetie."

You are making this planner jump through hoops so she can tell you what flavors to make and then you don't like her list that she obviously cut & pasted. I mean I don't like it either but you asked and asked her for it. She emails instead of calling and that annoys you? Why? Now you're getting all huff & puff and I'm a custom bladeebla. Ok well why are you asking her what to do then.

Planners like cakers want to get paid. They want the bride to be happy at least initially. After a while they might just want to survive the ordeal but that's a case by case thing. They want to work with professionals who can handle their own minutiae. You are generating minutiae for the planners. They will avoid you going forward. Maybe you would do well to just work with brides.

If it's your business then take the reigns and do what you want. This is your quote about planners "I also feel that an experience planner knows what goes into a tasting all of the work and prep. They I feel understand that it's more of a small taste and meet with the designer. "

Now turned around to read the same for a caker. "I also feel that an experience caker knows what goes into a tasting all of the work and prep. They I feel understand that it's more of a small taste and meet with the planner."
Do it.

Be careful about posting specific information where the planner can be traced.

I mean a 6x8x10 is 74 Wilton servings that's cool. 53 servings on Earlene's. Serving all tiers.

This is a big detailed business--I think you need to take a deep breath and regroup. It's entertaining to read your exploits but the sky is not falling.

canoewoman Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:38pm
post #17 of 70

I have to agree with K8Memphis. You asked and she provided. It is up to you to narrow down their flavour choices as you should know what combinations work the best. I don't see the point in wasting energy into slamming someone who obviously doesn't have much experience in organizing a cake tasting for the bride and groom. Put your energy into providing them guidance on their cake choices instead of getting your nose out of joint!!

costumeczar Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:20pm
post #18 of 70

I have to disagree with the last two posts regarding the planner somewhat...An experienced planner does know that you can't ask for twenty fillings and ten flavors of cake. The planners that I work with will rein their clients in, that's their job. I just had one girl today for a consultation who said that she wanted to use a teal blue color for the bridesmaids, but the planner (who is someone experienced) pointed out that the color would totally clash with the burgundy wallpaper and carpeting in the venue, so she's now thinking of doing something else. The planner's job is to do what the client wants, but the client is hiring them partly to point them in the right direction.

On the subject of cake flavors, I've had people (clients, not the planner) who have emailed me ten flavors to try, and I just tell them that they need to cut it down, then suggest some flavors that they might like based on the flavors they sent me. If they have a three-tiered cake I suggest three flavors, etc. Sometimes people have trouble making decisions, so they list everything because it all sounds good.

costumeczar Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:23pm
post #19 of 70

If you want to avoid the planner drama, you could also just tell the planner that you need the client's contact information so that you can talk to them directly. Sometimes that makes your job easier, too!

-K8memphis Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:31pm
post #20 of 70

The point is that the cake person should know how to do samples without repeatedly bugging the planner. It's different working with a planner than working with a bride directly.

I wonder if planners have message boards where the post might go something like this.

Oh my gosh I have this caker who keeps bugging me about what flavor samples for the consult. I just copied and pasted a ton of 'em maybe that will suffice. She can pick which ones she wants.

sassycleo Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:33pm
post #21 of 70
Quote:
Quote:

Here is my opinion. You come off as if the world is out to get you. I don't think you are ready to deal with planners. You invite them to set the stage then you decide that you do not like their way of doing business and blast them for it.

Opinions are likeâ¦â¦ everyoneâs got one. No Iâm not acting as if the world is out to get me, because I simply donât believe that to be true. Iâm not inviting them to set the stage however I am inviting them to be professional and if they say they are going to give a return call (twice) then that is the professionalism I expect. Same as if I tell a business contact or customer I am going to call I do.

Quote:
Quote:

If you are in charge of your business, then when someone calls for a cake in 10 days say, "Bring me cash today, sweetie."

No one said anything about this cake being ordered 10 days before it is due, so I am unsure where that comment is coming from.

Quote:
Quote:

You are making this planner jump through hoops so she can tell you what flavors to make and then you don't like her list that she obviously cut & pasted. I mean I don't like it either but you asked and asked her for it. She emails instead of calling and that annoys you? Why? Now you're getting all huff & puff and I'm a custom bladeebla. Ok well why are you asking her what to do then.

Iâm not making any planner jump through hoops. There is no huff and puff, my ego has not reached that level nor will it. There were no hoops. She called we talked. She didnât have much information at the time and was to call me back with more specifics. I gave her dates and times I had available for a tasting. She was to check with her couple and call me back and my words to her we would go from there. There was no return phone call. Yes I understand people get busy however if you are a planner then when you say your going to call â call otherwise send an email if you canât get to a phone. BUT send the email in/or around the time you were scheduled to call not 4 hours after the fact. I hadnât received anything, so I took the inniative and called her. She still had little information other then yes the date and time was good. She told me she would be calling me when she met with her couple so we could discuss how many and which flavors. My website also states how many flavors to pick and that is how she found me. I waited for her phone call and blocked off time to have to speak with her so I could give them the attention they needed. No phone call. I didnât receive an email from her until very late in the evening. This is a cake for a small group. Yes itâs important and that I completely understand. She also was told that I am a licenced home business â not a shop. So to come up with a list of 11 cakes and 12 fillings is a bit out of the ballpark not just for myself but any of the cake decorators in my area.

Quote:
Quote:

Planners like cakers want to get paid. They want the bride to be happy at least initially. After a while they might just want to survive the ordeal but that's a case by case thing. They want to work with professionals who can handle their own minutiae. You are generating minutiae for the planners. They will avoid you going forward. Maybe you would do well to just work with brides.

I work with a couple of different planners and I have not had this issue before, so as far as not being ready to work with a planner â I donât think that is the case.

Quote:
Quote:

If it's your business then take the reigns and do what you want. This is your quote about planners "I also feel that an experience planner knows what goes into a tasting all of the work and prep. They I feel understand that it's more of a small taste and meet with the designer. "

Yes I do believe in the statement I posted. Frankly I donât see anything wrong with it. I go above and beyond for my tastings. I have had nothing but compliments on them from everyone I have worked with. Obviously if I was doing something wrong I would think I would have heard by now.

Quote:
Quote:

This is a big detailed business--I think you need to take a deep breath and regroup. It's entertaining to read your exploits but the sky is not falling.

Really, no kidding! I read rants and vents all the time on CC. This is a place where we can come and do that. We can also get advice from others who may have experienced the same thing. Which was partly why I posted. Iâve never had someone request so many samples for such a small cake. If you donât like what I post then move on and read the next comment, question, thread in the forum. I donât come on CC and bash otherâs nor do I ask for it to be done in turn to me, which is pretty much what I have taken from your post. My being irritated had nothing to do with the sky falling, it was about professionalism or the lack of as it was coming across in this situation. Simple business etiquette, if you tell someone you are going to call, then follow through and make the call. Plain and simple.

sassycleo Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:39pm
post #22 of 70

I'm sure they do have message boards, there seems to be one for pretty much any topic/profession these days.

As far as bugging her , that wasn't the case here unless one phone call constitutes being bugged.

tonedna Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:58pm
post #23 of 70

I didnt read all the reply's..But I would say this
I only do 2 samples...any extras would be $10.00 each. Ask the bride and groom wich are their 2 favorite flavors and if they want other flavors then they need to pay for each. Some people even charge for the tasting a $25 dollar fee that goes then into the price of the cake if they order it..
Edna

Jenn2179 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:15pm
post #24 of 70

I don't let them choose what flavors they get to sample. I have 6 flavors that are baked and iced and waiting in my freezer for a slice to be cut. I do not bake fresh cakes every consultation. I can't afford to do that. I also don't offer filling samples or icing flavor samples. I ice all my cakes in the same buttercream. If they want to try something else then they can order a cake.

-K8memphis Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:23pm
post #25 of 70

The cake that was ordered 10 days before the event where you had to wait forever for a check that did not arrive. This is the post I was referencing about the 6/7 cake.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-589986.html

Avoid the whole thing next time by saying 'bring me cash today and we can deal'.

I just see you putting yourself into situations where it causes you grief. If you had a more uniformed grip on your business practices you could avoid some of this drama.

Just use classic white cake or a certain bunch of flavors you have already determined. That way nobody has to make decisions they are not qualified to make. Like planners and brides. Brides generally haven't got a clue about this stuff.

It's like going to Baskin Robbins with four year old twins and saying, "Now what would you like?" Eee ghads!

Make this simple for yourself. This way you don't have to run to the store for supplies or anything. Or keep cupcakes in the freezer and they get whatever is in there plus white. If you freeze uniced then microzap them they are great. But I do not do tastings at all.

I try to control things as much as possible to avoid issues like these. Enough stuff is gonna come up anyway that I cannot control so I latch down on as much as possible. It just so happens that you had two gnarly issues like this in a row and you can control and completely avoid this stuff going forward.

I mean maybe you want to really create an ambiance and make a special serving experience for your bridal consults. I just wanna get the business conducted and plan to make a special cake for 'em that I get paid appropiately for.

I have a hard time mixing it up and doing both at the same time like that. At the consult I need to be meaner than when I'm creating the cake. By meaner I mean I need to be sharp mentally so I can price things accordingly. I am totally on guard during a consult. My pricing brain function is way way far away from my 'oooh leht's create your cake, flowers and flavors and sparkles oh my' brain function area. When I'm creating the cake I don't wanna think about money or any business details. I need to separate the two brain functions or I'll get snookered at the consult.

All I mean is lighten up. It's gonna be ok. Plan better. Plan on people being people. If a four hour difference in a returned call makes that big a difference in a cake that's a month away then consider if there's any thing you can do on your end to make it easier for yourself.

sassycleo Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:42pm
post #26 of 70

I do agree with you in regards to the other post. That was a fluke - I normally don't take a last minute wedding cake order and now that I've been through the ordeal I know why. The only reason I didn't tell her to bring cash that day was that she was located approx. 2 hours from me.

I gave benefit of the doubt and I learned my lesson. I also did however learn from that to stick to my guns and I am glad I did, to date the still hasn't arrived.

The whole experience is a learning process. The minute I stop learning better be the minute they pronounce me dead. I will never know everything nor will I claim as much. This was the first time I had come across someone wanting so many for a tasting and it shocked me because the planners I do deal with haven't ever requested as such.

I do thank you for your return post, as you have come across a lot less harsh and some of what wasn't coming through on the first post did come through on this one.

I'm curious about the fact you don't do tastings. Everyone I've run into even the three short notice weddings that came up this week are all requesting a tasting.

I'll post my curiosity as questions"

Do you offer a tasting?

Do you charge for the tasting and if so what has been the response to the charge?

How much do you charge for your tastings?

FromScratch Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 6:01pm
post #27 of 70

I do offer tastings for any cake. If you cake is over 75 servings your tasting fee (which is $30) comes off of your balance if you book your cake with a deposit. For cakes under 75 servings that fee is not taken off of your balance.

I have had no ill reactions to the fee since most people who order smaller cakes don't require a tasting and most weddings are over 75 servings. Most people understand the need to be compensated for my time and ingredients. icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 6:06pm
post #28 of 70
Quote:

I do agree with you in regards to the other post. That was a fluke - I normally don't take a last minute wedding cake order and now that I've been through the ordeal I know why. The only reason I didn't tell her to bring cash that day was that she was located approx. 2 hours from me.

See at the "I live two hours away" part I would sincerely go, "Oh, too bad" and pause and wait for her response. That way she decides if she feels like a taking a little drive or not.

Quote:

I gave benefit of the doubt and I learned my lesson. I also did however learn from that to stick to my guns and I am glad I did, to date the still hasn't arrived.

I'm glad you did not get snookered either. But I worried about your blood pressure about both issues.

Quote:

I'm curious about the fact you don't do tastings. Everyone I've run into even the three short notice weddings that came up this week are all requesting a tasting.

I'll post my curiosity as questions"

Do you offer a tasting?

Do you charge for the tasting and if so what has been the response to the charge?

How much do you charge for your tastings?

They totally annoy me, tastings. If people don't know the difference between caramel and strawberry and white and chocolate far be it from me to educate them. But I mean it's expected in some areas.

tonedna Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 6:09pm
post #29 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

They totally annoy me, tastings. If people don't know the difference between caramel and strawberry and white and chocolate far be it from me to educate them. But I mean it's expected in some areas.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

milissasmom Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 6:15pm
post #30 of 70

I offer tastings...

Yes, I charge for them...

I offer TWO flavors of cake (White and chocolate) I am not 31 flavors here. You are tasting to see the quality of my cake, that it is moist and flavorful...That is IT. Your flavor choices become a concern to me once your order is placed. I would never ask the client or planner what flavors they want. Set the time and date and bring your checkbook...

My tastings are 25.00 and that is deducted from the price of the cake when they order from me.

I must add that I have NEVER had a planner or client budge on paying the 25.00 or question about why I don't do Custom Flavored tastings. It's never been an issue at all.

Also, I only offer white, red velvet, chocolate and carrot cakes PERIOD and I am always booked. If they want something different, I charge them extra for it.

You are right to feel how you feel and it is obvious that this planner does not know much about this business because she can not service her clients the way she should. I have been a planner and you must limit your clients so that you can limit their stress load. The trick to being an AWESOME planner is to make your Bride think she is in total control while you guide her to making all the choices that you as the PAID professional know are best because SHE HIRED YOU TO KNOW WHAT SHE DOESN'T know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%