1St Wedding Cake Help

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 1:44pm by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 7

I have my very first wedding cake for September and I was wondering since it will be a 2 hour drive what I should take with me just in case I'd hate to take the whole kitchen!
I plan on taking the item needed to stack and decorate and also my cakes will be already iced I will stack and pipe any extra decorations, including some extra icing for that but in case something goes wrong how prepared should I go?

6 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:53am
post #2 of 7

Extra icing, bags, tips, spatula. towels, one to be wet. gloves, in case you have to work with an audience. If you are adding flowers, make extra. a Camera, I forget photos about 20% of the time.

If you tiers are boxed separately, and you use non-skid in and under the boxes, keep the airconditioning on, you should be fine.

notjustcake Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:32am
post #3 of 7

thanks a lot!

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 10:41am
post #4 of 7

For sure do not forget the camera. Take a photo before you leave as proof that the cake was left in good condition, in case something happens after you leave. Have a friend that delivered a cake. After she left, the dj came & set up at a table next to the cake. The base was so loud that the cake shifted & fell off the table. Horrors!

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 10:42am
post #5 of 7

For sure do not forget the camera. Take a photo before you leave as proof that the cake was left in good condition, in case something happens after you leave. Have a friend that delivered a cake. After she left, the dj came & set up at a table next to the cake. The base was so loud that the cake shifted & fell off the table. Horrors!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 10:52am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnB

Extra icing, bags, tips, spatula. towels, one to be wet. gloves, in case you have to work with an audience. If you are adding flowers, make extra. a Camera, I forget photos about 20% of the time.

If you tiers are boxed separately, and you use non-skid in and under the boxes, keep the airconditioning on, you should be fine.

on the towel thing I usually take one wet, just toss it in a ziploc bag. That way you don't have to worry about finding a water source.

notjustcake Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 1:44pm
post #7 of 7

wow I didn't think about taking a picture before I leave, thanks luckly for me I'll have a kitchen available for the towels and such. Thanks again everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%