Please Help - Making Bc Without Mixer????

Decorating By LadyPol Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm by Cakepro

LadyPol Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:57am
post #1 of 5

My mixer died ... 1/2 through making BC for hubby's cake for tomorrow!!!!! No money to go get another ........ what to do????

4 replies
sweeteecakes Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:11am
post #2 of 5

can you borrow one from somebody?

icer101 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:12am
post #3 of 5

if you have a hand held mixer..... use that and you will have to beat it longer than you do in your big mixer... don,t know how much you have in your mixer.... if a lot... take out some .... beat that good... etc... hth

LadyPol Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:06am
post #4 of 5

Thank you for your replies ... unfortunately this was my hand mixer, *sigh* I was trying to do some smaller batches but my trusty mixer finally bit the dust. I am saving up for a KA Artisan ... (waiting on the stimulus check). Thankfully, this BC is just for under the fondant so I just whipped it good with some elbow grease ... it looks(and tastes) ok so I think I made it throught that catastrophe. DH did run out to WalMart to find me another hand mixer ... because I still have ganache to whip up!

Anyway .. thank you for replying - I was starting to hyperventilate! icon_eek.gif

Blessings!

Cakepro Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 5

They have super-cheap hand mixers at Wal-mart...like 10 or 15 bucks. You can use that til you get your KitchenAid and then pitch it.

Of course, elbow grease works too...until you need royal icing. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%