Fondant Covered Cupcakes Help Pls?????

Decorating By twinkletoe21 Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 12:49am by niccicola

twinkletoe21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkletoe21 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 4

I have been doing MMF covered cupcakes lately and theres onething I have never tried and thats putting it in the fridge overnight.

now im wondering since i have to deliver fondant covered cupcakes on saturday and these are for a sunday party, will it be okey if they leave it out or should they put it in the fridge overnight? given the fact that the weather for the weekend will be around 90+ degrees..

the cupcakes will be chocolate and dulce de leche filling so I REALLLLYY NEED HELP on how to store these little babies!!!!???!!

has anyone tried storing it in the fridge before? did they get dry?

PLEASE PLEAAASE PLEASE HELLPP!!!

3 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 4

You could put them in fridge but as long as they are kept at at least 70 degrees they shouldn't really need it. The fondant seals the cake in and keeps it fresh and moist plus the filling helps this too. I'd be concerned with the several times the temps would change due to putting in fridge, taking out for delivery and then what ever the customer does to them till they are served too.
Fondant can sweat with that much temp changing going on.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:17am
post #3 of 4

can i ask... how do you all cover the cupcakes in fondant?
do you put icing on it first and then make like a little cup of fondant or crumb coat it and then put the fondant?

any help would be greatly appreciated... i want to make some xmas cup cakes but they are ging to sit out and i would hate to have ants and bugs landing on the bc

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 12:49am
post #4 of 4

i "cut" my circles out from the lid of my pampered chef powdered sugar shaker jar.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq216/RoanokeCakes/52FondantCupcakes005.jpg

you can use anything, just "measure" how big you need the fondant circle to be and voila!

I had filled the cupcakes using the 2M tip, so there was a slight bulge of filling on each cupcakes. I used my tapered angled spatula and used that as a crumb coat to hold the fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%