What Should I Do With My Cake?

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 2:19am by Gatorfan01

CakesbyBecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyBecca Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 4

I am currently in Wilton Course 3. The final cake, in two weeks, is two tiered, 10" round on the bottom and 6" round on the top. Normally, my dh, dcs and I eat the cake over a period of a week or more, but this cake is going to be HUGE and we are going out of state 4 days after the class. Also, it's going to be such a beautiful cake (if I don't mess it up icon_lol.gif ). I don't want to just eat it. I would love to donate it to someone who could actually use it and enjoy it, but here in CA, you can't do business out of the home. I don't know if that applies to donated goods or not. I thought about putting it on Freecycle or Craigslist, but again, I don't want to get in trouble for not being a certified baker.
Any ideas?

Becca

Oh, btw, we just moved to CA a few months ago with no family or close friends here, so we can't call in the forces to help us eat it either icon_cry.gif . I would send it to the office with dh, but there are only two other people in the office and they aren't always there. Anyone want to come over for some cake icon_biggrin.gif ?

3 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 4

OK, I'd love to come over and help you eat it but I'm in MI so can't do that.

You can always donate it to a church or drop it off at a local police or fire department as a general "thank you" for a job well done in the community. My DH is a firefighter and let me tell you, homemade baked goods are loved by all at the fire station.

garden259 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
garden259 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 4

You could also try donating it to a women's shelter, homeless shelter or food bank.

It is very thoughtful of you to do that!

Gatorfan01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gatorfan01 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:19am
post #4 of 4

Take the cake down to the local Marine (or other military branch) recruiter's office and say "thank you for protecting our freedom".

Very proud Marine Mom usaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%