Satin Ice In Michigan??? (Or Chicago)

Decorating By chutzpah Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 8:36pm by pinkbeesugar

chutzpah Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 14

Where, oh where, can I get my mitts on Satin Ice (or any other kosher certified fondant) in Michigan? (or Chicago)

What are these place like Hobby Lobby and Michael's I keep reading about? Where are they? Do they sell cake stuff?

Anyone know of any cake supply stores in Michigan?

Any and all tips are greatfully accepted.

13 replies
chutzpah Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 14

Wilton's fondant is certified, but I've heard it'd so nasty I'd rather get some other brand. But good to know that it's there if I can't get another.

emrldsky Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 14

Hobby Lobby and Michaels, that I know of, do not sell Satin Ice. However, try Into the Oven (IL based company) or Country Kitchen (FT Wayne, IN based company).

I'm in Lafayette, IN and ordered Satin Ice from into the oven and had it at my door the next day. icon_smile.gif

HTH!

chutzpah Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 14

Thanks, we live overseas and are coming to Michigan on Monday for a week (and travelling), so ordering online isn't an option.

BUt thanks anyway... it was kind of you to try!!!

emrldsky Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 14

D'oh! Didn't know that, I'm sorry!

Good luck finding it!

chutzpah Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 14

Thanks! I know that Wilton's is certified kosher, but after all the bad I've heard... I'd rather try something else!

emrldsky Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:00pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

Thanks! I know that Wilton's is certified kosher, but after all the bad I've heard... I'd rather try something else!

I agree with that...it doesn't taste good at all, even if it is nice to work with. icon_smile.gif

tyty Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 14

In Chicago you can get Satin Ice at Lori's Cakewalk Chicago. Her website is www.cakewalkchicago.com

chutzpah Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:11pm
post #9 of 14

Thank you thank you!!!!

Teresa75 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:16pm
post #10 of 14

What part of Michigan? Heinrich's in Centerline (suburb of Detroit) has pettinice usually

chutzpah Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:20pm
post #11 of 14

Thanks. Flying in to Chicago, driving to Greenville, then Bad axe and Detroit, then back to Chicago. Any and all points inbetween these destinations are viable!

pinkbeesugar Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:26pm
post #12 of 14

what part of michigan will you be in next weeK

chutzpah Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:27pm
post #13 of 14

I've used Pettinice and it contains milk solids. The fondant has to be kosher pareve because I'm using it on the rabbi's kidlet's upsherin cake, and they're serving turkey.

Maybe american pettinice is pareve? Anyone know? Maybe it's just the pettinice in this country that contains milk.

pinkbeesugar Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:36pm
post #14 of 14

pettinice is readily available in the metro detroit area. 800- Le Swiss is the phone number, the website doesn't say is certified, but you may be able to call and find out

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%