Please Help With Ideas For A River-Themed Cake!

Decorating By mom42ws Updated 20 Jun 2008 , 5:06pm by momtofourmonkeys

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 3

I'm doing a family reunion cake which takes place at this family's river house each year. The cake has to travel 1.5 hours and we have decided to do 2 9x13 side by side, one layer. They want one of the mini ball sun cakes added on the top with a river scene under. I can think of plenty of stuff if I remove the sun. Please any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Ashley

2 replies
mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 3

okay, this post is sooo old and i've not had anyone throw ideas out there. isn't there anyone? i know someone must have some vision pop in their head.

please, please, please!

ashley

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 3

Ashley, I probably won't be much help but noticed you could use some suggestions. How about making a river flowing crosswise through the cake with some trees around it and a picnic table with chairs? If you are comfortable with fondant/gumpast, you can make a tree swing coming out of a tree. The type of swing that kids and adults alike will swing off of into the river. An easy way to get a river is to use white bc and then blue piping gel over it. Look in my pics for an example. I am not sure how to tie in the sun cakes though.

~Shanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%