Shimmer Dust For Fondant

Decorating By dixiechick0225 Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 12:01pm by CakeWhizz

dixiechick0225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dixiechick0225 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking for suggestions on shimmer dust type products and techniques for embellishing fondant. I would like to use it is on loopy bow and was hoping for a "pearlized" effect. I haven't dabbled too much into shimmers yet. Thanks for your help!

~ Jen

5 replies
dixiechick0225 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 6

This is my first post and I am not sure if I am doing things correctly. The system deleted half of my original message.

Anyway, I am looking for a pearlized effect for a loopy bow and I am not sure where to begin in my search for shimmers. Thanks!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 6

What you are looking for is actually pearl d u s t or luster d u s t. Pearl d u s t come in a pearl color but have many different irradecent shades with it. Luster d u s t are the varied colors that shimmer or have a metalic look to them.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 6

What you are looking for is actually pearl d u s t or luster d u s t. Pearl d u s t come in a pearl color but have many different irradecent shades with it. Luster d u s t are the varied colors that shimmer or have a metalic look to them.

dixiechick0225 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 11:37am
post #5 of 6

Thank you very much for your help!

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 12:01pm
post #6 of 6

I don't know if this helps but I made a cake recently which required a pearlised effect on rose motifs. I used a mixture of pearl dust and luster dust with a little vodka (lemon extract is best though) and hey presto I got the effect I wanted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%