I Don't Know How I Am Going To Pull This One Off!

Decorating By delaware Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 3:26am by Kaybaby

delaware Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delaware Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 2:43am
post #31 of 33

Thank you for you compliments. The black is royal icing. My wonderful husband bought some large pieces of transparency film from an office supply store. I actually have a dress hanging in my closet that was similar to one of the patterns on the cake so I scanned it on the computer and shrunk it down to size and then used parts of it for one of the stencils. I just traced the pattern onto the film with permanent marker and then I cut it out with an exacto knife. My first stencil I made twice because I made it too intricate and when I smoothed the icing over it some of the smaller pieces of plastic "pulled up" and bent therefore wrecking the pattern. So I tried again and made sure I had more larger sections of plastic so they wouldn't catch as easily.

Kaybaby...I don't know what cocoa butter color you are referring to. Where is the video????

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:03am
post #32 of 33

Oh your cake is beautiful!!!!!! wonderful work!

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 3:26am
post #33 of 33

delaware

staceyboots added a link (on her second post) if you click on the link it takes you to a page with videos. Watch the video under Fast & Easy - Buttercream Cake and Stencils. The cocoa she is using looks simple to use.

http://www.designerstencils.com/videos.shtml

Vonda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%