Fondant Palm Trees

Decorating By mooredeb1 Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 6:12am by sugarshack

mooredeb1 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 4

icon_confused.gif I am trying to make a 3 d cake(jungle theme) for my daughters baby shower. the baby animals are real cute, but having a little prob with the palm trees! I can't find pretzel rods anywhere to make the tree trunk , so I am going to use gumpaste. Any body have any ideas!

3 replies
JoAnnB Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 4

because the 'trunk' has to support the leaves, I would use a cookie stick to support it.

beemarie Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:37am
post #3 of 4

I am in the middle of making palm trees. I have the trunk finished, and I will be making the leaves soon. Can somebody tell me how they go about doing the leaves and attaching them to the trunk? Thanks so much!

sugarshack Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:12am
post #4 of 4

the palm tree on top of the cake in my phoots was made with a bubble tea straw wrapped with fondant/tylose that I just scored up with a knife. The palm leaves were just pieces of the same thing in green, notched along the sides and dried over formers or on foil. I used melted choc to attach the leaves on the top of the trunk. I was pressed for time, so that was a quicky way. It would look better if you wired each palm leaf and then wired them all together in a bundle. You could stick all the taped wires down into the bubble tea straw, or instead you could wire the leaves along side a wooden dowel, then cover your trunk with fondant and score it.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%