My Brother's Attempt At Basketweave

Decorating By gottabakenow Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 1:16am by Tellis12

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 12

So I had some extra icing from one of my cakes, and my brother decided to try his hand at it. He also did some random squiggles and dots on another plate. He's 11. Kinda cute, isn't it? icon_smile.gif
LL

11 replies
Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 12

That's awesome that you're encouraging him! I brought some cupcakes and had 3 kids decorating them. My 10 year old nephew Loved it! I was surpised.. he's very much a Boy. But they were all having a ball trying out all the different tips. Doesn't hurt that they got cupcakes with icing piled as high as possible to eat afterwards icon_lol.gif

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 12

How cute!!!!!!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 12

my two year old and five year nephews get involved all the time when i make cupcakes...and my son and daughter who are 13 and 10 both know how to make roses!!!! hahahaha they are so cute!!! i am the proudest mommy ever!!! great job teaching the little "bro-ski"

DesignsByMandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsByMandie Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 12

That is pretty good!! I keep saying next time I make a cake I am going to let me 3 1/2 year old son play around with the extra...I need to let him...He always wants to help and the only way I keep him happy is by squeezing rosettes or huge dots of icing on a plate and letting him go to town...Hehehe I agree it is wonderfull to encourage them.... thumbs_up.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 12

Great idea maybe I'll let my grandsons give it a try.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:30pm
post #7 of 12

I would recommend to all of you with children or garnds that are interested to find out if your local fair has a junior division for cakes (or anything you might interest them in - plants, drawing, etc.). It is important for us to get kids involved in these things.

My 7 yr old wants to enter a cake this year. I like it cause our fair uses the Danish system for judging - they don't all just get blue ribbons-they actually have to earn it! icon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 12

Adorable. He should stick with it he'll be great in a few years.

gottabakenow Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:03pm
post #9 of 12

thanks for all the replies, I'm going to show them to him. icon_smile.gif

It's actually pretty funny, I've never actually done basketweave myself. Wonder where he got the idea to try it...? icon_confused.gif Guess I must talk about it a lot or sumthin. icon_rolleyes.gif

By the way, I don't think I've ever said this anywhere, but I'm only 14 myself. There, I said it. icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 9:48pm
post #10 of 12

You are doing great! Keep practicing. So maybe you need to go to the fair too....

gottabakenow Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 9:52pm
post #11 of 12

thanks! icon_smile.gif

I'd love to enter a fair like that, but I don't think there's anything like that around here. If I ever do find one, I'll see if I can possibly fit it into my schedule! icon_surprised.gif

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 1:16am
post #12 of 12

I used to do cakes for 4-H and they were at the fair that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%