Need Advice On Cake For Renewing Vow Ceremony

Decorating By trishawv Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 2:24pm by Iheartcake

trishawv Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 12:48am
post #1 of 6

My hub and I are renewing our wedding vows on our 20th wedding anniversary next month, and I was just wondering what kind of cake we should have. As it turns out, I will be making our cake. We were very poor when we first got married and had a Kroger cake, this time I want it to be very special. Also, has anyone ever renewed their vows and how exactly did you do the ceremony? Any advice or help or hints would be greatly appreciated.

5 replies
Doug Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 12:50am
post #2 of 6

kind: -- any kind your heart desires and your hands can make. It's your day --again!

ceremony -- as fancy or simple as you like -- follow your heart

vows -- speak from your heart

indydebi Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:14am
post #3 of 6

I had the honor of making the renewing vows cake for my aunt and uncle on their 50th anniversary. They got married in the depression and both of them were Quaker ministers, so for their entire life, they never had much (but I SO remember how very willing they were to share whatever they had!).

I came across the picture of the cake recently (pre-digital camera days). It was a 3-tier cake with pillars sitting on top of a 18x24 sheet cake. It was huge, ornate, and more than my darling aunt had ever had in her entire life. She cried when she saw it. She'd never imagined ever having a "real" wedding cake.

They gave me so much during their lifetime that I was very glad to be able to give them back something they thought was above and beyond. They are both gone, now, and I will always be honored to have been a part of their 50th anniversary.

Now, all of that has nothing to do with your question, but your question did bring back that memory and I just wanted to share how very special one particular renewing ceremony was to two very special people.

So you go for it, girl!! These days, 20 years is a lifetime and not many are achieving that. You go with whatever kind of cake you've ever dreamed of having.

trishawv Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much for you input. I am thinking of maybe doing a 3 tier ond adding silhouettes ( I hope I spelled that right) cut from fondant, of events in our life together on each tier. Still not exactly sure what they will be, but the event is not until the 23 of July. Maybe one will be of our children,,,,I think.... Still open to suggestions

busymom9431 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 6

I am sure I have seen it somewhere on this website where they took pictures (I think black and white) and put them on the sides of the cake. You could do a tier of your wedding, one of your kids and one of now..... just a thought. Can't wait to see what you do.

I am with Indydebi- 20 years is a wonderful thing today and you should be proud that you have made it and want to celebrate with another ceremony!

Iheartcake Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:24pm
post #6 of 6

Ooh.. busymom9431, that reminds me of this one I have saved in my favs.

I love this idea.. you could have a lot of fun with the pictures you choose.

Quote by @%username% on %date%