Deluxe Oven Questions?

Business By Linda5606 Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 3:36am by peacockplace

Linda5606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda5606 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 9

for you deluxe oven users - do you bake all the same size cakes at once or can you bake different sizes? if different sizes - how?
i was going to get a deluxe oven but i was worried about baking different sizes at once.
any help would be appreciated
linda

8 replies
spring55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spring55 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 12:52am
post #2 of 9

I bake all different sizes at one time. The bigger cakes that take longer I put to the back and the smaller cakes are put in the front.

DeLuxe makes a great oven.

Minette

www.minetterushing.typepad.com

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 9

You will love a Deluxe oven, it's the BEST purchase I even made. I bake all different sizes at the same time. It saves so much time if you have 6-8 weddings and you can bake everything at once. As cakes finish baking you take them out and replace that empty spot with another pan of batter, just like an assembly line.

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 9

Spring and Cfao--which model do you have? I will be ordering mine shortly and have gone back and forth between the cr2-3 and cr2-4. The 4 can handle more pans at once but the 3 allows for the higher specialty pans. My bakery is attached to my home (my new, not quite complete bakery icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif !) so it's been in the back of my mind that I could sneak in and bake the occasional tall cake in my home oven. On the other hand, I don't know that little ol' me can make batter fast enough to really utilize the four racks. If you had it to do over again would you stay with the one you have or switch?

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 9

I have the cr2-4. I love it and would get that over the other one. I can bake a whole 4 tier wedding cake plus more depending on the tiers sizes. It's great. Now I need a bun rack to cool all the tiers there instead of on my kitchen table. If the batter is all one flavor I use my 20 qt mixer and can get all the pans full. If not then I just add more pans as I fill them up. I never use my timer anymore. I just keep an eye on the cakes. I can tell when they are getting close to done.

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 9

Jenn--have you tried your 20 qt. with Sharon Sugarshack's BC recipe? I'm hoping like crazy that it works. Mine is an American Eagle, which is basically a Hobart clone.

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 9

I have the same as Jenn. If you call Deluxe, they are very friendly and helpful and can answer any questions you may have, no matter how small.

Good Luck,
Bev

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 5:43pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by handymama

Jenn--have you tried your 20 qt. with Sharon Sugarshack's BC recipe? I'm hoping like crazy that it works. Mine is an American Eagle, which is basically a Hobart clone.

No I use a different recipe for my buttercream. I can make 12 qts in my mixer. I whip the icing so if I try to make more than an 8x batch of the original recipe icing gets flung EVERYWHERE, don't ask how I knw that. My mixer is a berkel. I could not afford a hobart.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:36am
post #9 of 9

I love my Deluxe sooooo much! They are such a great company and the customer service is AWESOME!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%