Hi everyone, Ive got a birthday cake to do for a friend as a suprise and I really wanted to use Margaret Braun's CHOCOLATE BLACKOUT RECIPE but ive lost my bookm and I need to bake later tonight so im in desperate need of it asap ,please if anyone has then that would be great......
thankyou very much have a nice day!
I tried making this, but it was a disaster. Maybe you'll have better luck
Makes: 2 10" rounds
2 1/3 C all-purpose flour
1 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs baking powder
1 tbs baking soda
3 C sugar
5 large eggs
1 tbs pure vanilla
1 1/2 C buttermilk
3/4 unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 C strong coffee (or 2 tbs instant and 1 1/2 C warm water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour cake pans
Sift cocoa, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar
In another bowl, combine eggs, and vanilla, then mix them into the dry ingredients. Add buttermilk, melted butter and cffee. Scrap into prepared pans
Bake about 50 mins, or tester comes out clean
Let cakes cool in pan and then invert onto a rack
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp baking soda
3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
1 1/2 cups strong coffee (or 2 tbsp instant expresso with 1 1/2 cups warm water)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 10 inch round cake pans.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar.
3. In another bowl, combine the eggs and vanilla extract, then mix them into the dry ingredients. Add the buttermilk, melted butter and coffee. Scrap the batter into the prepared cake pans.
4. Bake the cakes until set around the edges and the cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean (50 minutes).
5. Let the cakes cool in their pans, then invert them onto a rack.
I hope this helps and good luck with the cake!!
Arrrrh! Thanks you guys, you are so awsome....I really like the taste of this cake...when the coffee is left out, Thankyou so much, there shall be CAKE now!! thankyou