Hello

Decorating By TheLadybugCook Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 3:09pm by LeanneW

TheLadybugCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLadybugCook Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 8

icon_smile.gif
Hi, I have been lurking here for a while. I decided it was time to start sharing. I posted my first cakes. I am obsessed with cakes!
I am trying to learn to do buttercream transfers at the moment.
The one I made stuck a bit on the wax paper and I don't think I got the icing on thick enough.
It still was not to bad. I managed to touch up the areas that had stuck.
My DH informed me he wanted a golf cake for Fathers day.
I have never done grass or trees yet so this should be interesting.
I plan on useing buttercream on icecream cones for the trees.
Below is my 1st try at Frozen buttercream transfers.
Happy bakeing all.
LL

7 replies
ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 8

Great job! I haven't been able to master FBCT yets. Mine never turn out good. How you are talking about doing the trees is a good idea. You can also use fondant. I have some made out of fondant on my snowboarding cake. aine2 has a tutorial for this. For the grass, Wilton has a grass tip. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have used it on my animal baby shower cake, and my fishing cake (If you want to see how it looks. I'm so glad I bought it!!! Keep up the good work!

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 8

Hi there,
Like you I'm a newbie who's adicted to CC and I've just posted some of my cakes too. I think your cake looks fine and I think that it is awesome that you've looked at what went well and what you would do differently. I won't be much help as I don't work much with buttercream (except as a filling) but welcome to CC and hopefully CC heroes like Sugarshack, Indydebi and others will be able to offer better advice.

TheLadybugCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLadybugCook Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 7:31am
post #4 of 8

Thanks for your comments.
ashcake , I have not taken the fondant class yet. I have onley taken course 1&2 at the hobby shop. It will be about a month before we get into fondant.
I look forward to using Mmf and rolled buttercream I have seen some great cakes done with it.
CakeWhizz , You said you don't use buttercream, I assume you are into fondant. What kind of fondant do you like to use?
Ladybug thumbs_up.gif

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:31am
post #5 of 8

Hi there TheLadybugCook! The reason I don't use buttecream is that there isn't much call for it where I live. Also, a lot of my sugar work is done with fondant or gumpaste and I tend to use a brand of fondant called Regal Ice which is not that great but it is relatively inexpensive here in the UK. I have used Satin Ice when I did a course in the USA and it was really good. The best fondant however is by Massa Ticino and it is heaven to work with. As it is about four times more expensive than most other brands I only use it for really special cakes............

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 8

TheLadybugCook I started playing with fondant before I took the fondant class. I'm waiting to take the Fondant and Gumpaste class right now. MMF taste a lot better than Wiltons fondant, its easy to make and pretty cheap. My husband says I work better with fondant than I do BC. I have to agree with him. I just done a cake for my SIL's birthday. And last night I made flip flops for one of my other SIL's cake. I just like fondant a lot better. Good luck with your cakes!

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 8

Welcome LadyBugCook - I love that we have another buttercream cake baker amongst us!!

This site is soooo helpful, and soooo addictive! You will be working fulltime to keep up....but it's really worth it! icon_biggrin.gif

Best of luck in your designs!!!

~Tanja

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:09pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadybugCook

I am obsessed with cakes!

you are certainly in the right place. sounds like you're really having fun. great job on the FBCT, I haven't tried one yet but you have inspired me to give it a go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%