How Much Would You Charge? Just Curious.....

Decorating By Kaiah723 Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 3:34am by leily

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 3

I made this cake for my own birthday last week. I have been wanting to try a topsy turvey cake for a while and I figured I might as well make it for myself this way if I messed up I wouldn't be ruining someone elses cake. The top tier was RKT-my first time doing that too. I know its not perfect and it was DEFINITELY a learning experience. Well anyway to get to the point, I was showing the pictures to a co-worker and she was asking how much I would charge for a cake like that. I wasn't really sure and I did make the cake and decorations over a period of 4 days. It took a lot of time and work, as I'm sure most of you here would know, and I told her probably about $75. Do you think this is an accurate price? It was iced in BC, except for the RKT which was covered in fondant. Some of the decorations were 50/50 fondant-gumpaste and others were just fondant.

Thanks in Advance.
LL
LL

2 replies
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 2:58am
post #2 of 3

You did a great first try. I do that too.

Sorry hope you get an answer on your pricing.

Good Luck on the next one.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 3:34am
post #3 of 3

YOu don't say what size the cakes are so I don't know exactly how much i would charge for it but I would start my prices at $3.50-$4 a serving

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%