What Is This Tool?

Decorating By allycook Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 10:37pm by Housemouse

allycook Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 8

I have had this in my box for years and never used it. Does anyone know what it is and how it is used?

7 replies
Muse Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 8

Looks like part of a copper windmill.

Or fancy rabbit ears for better reception on your 1930's tv.

Swanky scissors without the handle.

Clearly, I have no idea.

cupcakemkr Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 8

looks like stencils

chutzpah Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 8

It's a stencil so you can make c-scrolls and curlicues.

ccr03 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 8:30pm
post #5 of 8

Aw, yes, this is clearly an antique chicken head cutter. Housewives would use this in the preparation stages for chicken soup. The reason it have Victorian-type designs was so it would have a bit of a feminine touch to it - because as we all know it is not very lady-like to kill a chicken.

Awww, I loved the "Liar's Club"! icon_smile.gif

allycook Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 8

Love the answers! Now if I could just catch that chicken.

mommycakediva Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 10:17pm
post #7 of 8

it looks like it s for scrolls and stuff! Maybe also used for spacing drop strings, that what it looks like to me any way!

Housemouse Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 10:37pm
post #8 of 8

I have a similar tool to the one in the photo. but not as attractive a scroll. I've never used it... but would have used it to mark out the top of round cakes with a pattern.


Quote by @%username% on %date%