Anyone From Southern South Carolina??

Decorating By rogers8702 Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 11:57pm by Cakerer

rogers8702 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 11

hi im new to south carolina just moved here back in october and ive finally started to get back on that cake decorating train icon_biggrin.gif is there any other place besides michaels in the hilton head bluffton area???

any one going to the ICES in NC in sept.????
any suggestion on traveling in this hot weather with cakes???

10 replies
rogers8702 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 12:38am
post #2 of 11

bump anyone out there??

Cakerer Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:28am
post #3 of 11

Hi - I'm in SC as well but not sure what you consider 'south' south carolina. I just found out out the ICES show in Pineville and since I LOVE that mall anyway, will likely attend. PM me and we'll see how close we are. It would be great to find a fellow CCCD close by.

turtle3264 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:06am
post #4 of 11

Hi, I'm from SC. I'm in northern SC though. I live near Florence. I am going to the cake competition at the mall in September. I went last year just to look, but this year I'm planning on entering a cake. The only thing that I do when delivering a cake in this heat is just the normal stuff, using the air conditioner and not putting it directly in the sun. Nothing special.

Cakerer Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:37am
post #5 of 11

I'm near Florence as well (I work in Florence). It's great to find someone close by. Do you work with cakes on a daily basis?

Cakerer Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:41am
post #6 of 11

OK...forgot to add - I also just blast the AC when delivering cakes. I'm fortunate to have an SUV with lots of AC vents in the back so that definitely helps. My biggest problem is w/MMF when the weather is nasty or super humid. It's somewhat gummy.

turtle3264 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:01am
post #7 of 11

I only do about 2 cakes a month. Sometimes not even that many.

Gatorfan01 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:59pm
post #8 of 11

I live in SC also and if anyone is near the Columbia area and planning on going to the NC show and wants to carpool, please let me know. I'd love to go but hate going to things by myself especially when it would be my first time.

Cakerer Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:49pm
post #9 of 11

Hi Gatorfan -
I'm about an hour away from you. I'm definitely going but my family is going as well. We have to visit build a bear for my son. we promised him a visit this week at the beach but we were too wiped out to actually ride out to broadway. We thought he would forget (yeah, right)....needless to say, that's all we've heard about since then!

lbass Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 9:34pm
post #10 of 11

I'm not in the south but I'm from Clinton (In the middle of Columbia and Greenville. I would to go too!!!!! Feel free to PM me or email ( We need to start a cake club or something! icon_biggrin.gif

Cakerer Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:57pm
post #11 of 11

lori-there is actually a cake club in Easley that you may want to look into. Not sure how far that is from you...but I really wish we had enuf in this area to start one. Even if we could only get together once a month it would be great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%