Missouri Home Bakers???

Business By jennianne Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 1:01pm by Hippiemama

jennianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennianne Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 2

I "work" out of my home kitchen, but do not advertise because I cannot be a licensed baker. But...an opportunity has come up where I could get a lot of business. I was asked to donate to a charity fundraiser and they will promote my name as the baker of the cake.

Technically, I canont advertise as a baker, but if they just tell the person that a cake will be donated to their party from me. I think I can get access to a kitchen at church to do the baking...is that enough to get around the license problem?

I need to give them an answer tonite! What would you do?!?!?! This is a great opportunity for me...but it is also a risk of being "caught" baking at home! thumbsdown.gif or thumbs_up.gif

1 reply
Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 2

You would need to see about getting a license for the location you are going to be working from. Even if the location is licensed, you must have a license for your business.

Just as a side note about using a church: When I was looking for space to rent I had thought about area churches, but then quickly dismissed the idea. Many of the churches are not licensed nor do they meet the requirements to get licensed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%