Smbc Question

Decorating By Smiller94 Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 6:24am by milissasmom

Smiller94 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:06am
post #1 of 3

I have my first wedding cake to do next weekend, includes traveling.

The bride wants SMBC but I have a question before I can tell her yes or no. If I plan on making the icing on Thursday, traveling 350 miles in Texas heat with it on Friday. Icing on Friday evening, decorating on Saturday for the wedding I will have to travel 50 miles with the heat on Sunday to get to the wedding location at 7 pm.

I have never used or made SMBC so I am not sure of how it will hold up. Under my circumstances, would it be possible to use SMBC with this wedding cake? Also after a cake is iced with SMBC does it need to be refrigerated?

2 replies
Shola Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:59am
post #2 of 3

Hmmm, I just made SMBC and it's very very soft, it sets well in the fridge but if you have hot weather it melts really fast, if it's a plain cake with no accents or deco on it then it may be ok, but anything thats on the cake will slide right off, my cake was out 5 mins and my fondant accents started to slip off the sides, though I am in Bangkok and super hot! icon_biggrin.gif

milissasmom Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:24am
post #3 of 3

Yes, in my experince SMBC should be refrigerated. I live in a desert area though where it is triple digit hot most of the time. As a result, I can not use SMBC as it does not hold up at all...It melts on me. This is just my experience.

Quote by @%username% on %date%