Anyone Ready As I Am?

Decorating By Mac Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 3:11am by EmmyD

Mac Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:53am
post #1 of 18

THis weekend the suitcase comes out and I will start throwing the incidentals in it for ICES.

So am I the only one starting this early?

17 replies
twindees Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 18

Yes you are the only one. LOL.

It is ONLY JUNE 12th. You have over a month to get ready. I am thinking about what I am going to pack but no where near ready to pull out the suitcase. icon_biggrin.gif

I can see that you are very excited.

SweetArt Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 18

You are so funny! I haven't even written a packing list yet. I have a family re-union in Oregon the weekend before ICES. I'm going to be booking it back to Nebraska (driving) to be able to do laundry and re-pack and still catch my plane on time. So definitely no early packing here.

Mac Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 18

The suitcase goes in the spare bedroom--out of the way. DH would just roll his eyes if it was left out in the open.

TexasSugar Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 18

Mac you remind me of my grandma. She has an extra bedroom and starts pulling things out the month before a trip and lays it out on the bed so it is ready to just be put in a suitcase when the times comes.

Every time I see something about the convnetion I get sad. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I wanna go too!!!

twindees Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 18

TexasSugar ,

Maybe Mac can put you in her suitcase. LOL

She seems to have enough room, since she just started packing. icon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 18

LOL Mac! Well, you know I'm just as excited but I think you have everyone beat on the packing.

I was in NO a couple of weekends ago so my suitcase is still out and I think I'll leave it there. But I can never pack early. I usually pack the day before - regardless of where I'm going or for how long. I may start putting few things in a couple of days beforehand but not a month early. icon_smile.gif

Unless you count the travel size toothpaste, etc....I left those in there.

We're almost there!

TexasSugar Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindees

TexasSugar ,

Maybe Mac can put you in her suitcase. LOL

She seems to have enough room, since she just started packing. icon_biggrin.gif

No there is an idea!! Oh Mac...!!

cakebaker111 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:06am
post #9 of 18

Well you are not the only one. I'm very excited, my suit cases are down , out of the attic. I put something in them daily. I never pack at the last minute.

EmmyD Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:25am
post #10 of 18

I am so happy that I am not the only one counting down the days to the convention! I haven't started packing yet but I have started a packing spreadsheet on my computer at work so that everytime I think of something I can put it on the list. I still have alot to buy and prepare before I go. I am picking up my new digital camera this weekend so that I will have enough time learn the ins and outs of it.

On a seperate note, where is everybody staying and have they all gotten their confirmations from Disney? I am starting to freak because I am so paranoid about stuff like this and I am so excited that I do not want anything to go wrong. Cant wait to meet everyone there!

Emily

Monica0271 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:16pm
post #11 of 18

icon_eek.gif Oh My Gosh Mac you are cracking me UP!! Starting packing. icon_confused.gif I need to use my stuff until then. You are hillarous!

I have started a list of what to pack. thumbs_up.gif

This is going to be a BLAST! icon_wink.gif I am tearing up just thinking about it. I made my Disney Magical Express & when she named off my roommates tears came rolling down my eyes. I am so blessed to be rooming with the best bunch of gals icon_wink.gif

33 More days until ICES convention in Orlando!!!!!!!!!!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

ibmoser Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm
post #12 of 18

Yes! I'm really excited - this will be my first convention. No, I am not packing yet icon_lol.gif . The new ACD has a listing of vendors that will be there, and I suddenly feel the need for a second mortgage. I can hardly wait!

EmmyD Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 9:38pm
post #13 of 18

I just wanted to check in and see how everybody's planning for convention is going. Is everybody bringing display cakes? how is your work coming on them? I have started planning to pack and getting everything prepped as my life will be really crazy the week before with my 6 year old neice being here and all. I can't wait to see you all there and I hope your plans are going swimmingly. Less than 20 days!!!!!

wgoat5 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:16am
post #14 of 18

Can someone fit me in their suitcase? icon_wink.gif

Monica0271 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:28am
post #15 of 18

icon_eek.gif Its almost here!! I have waited for this day. I am so ready for this vacation. This is going to be my first convention. I am rooming with 4 of the sweetest, funny, caring & sweet women. thumbs_up.gif

I am packing. I have a table in my bedroom that is almost full. I keep buying outfits to take, now I have more than I need, so I am goign to have to decide what I am going to take.

Decisions, decisons...lol

cakebaker111 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 12:51am
post #16 of 18

I'm so excited I can't sleep at night. Ices is all I think about. I'm pack and just counting the days down. I'm going a couple days early so I can enjoy some of the parks with my son and husband. I have a shoping list for all the toys i'm getting this year. I have a packing list to check off to make sure I don't forget anything from home. I'm sooooo excited. If only I could figure out how to work my camcorder, I have not had time to read the directions yet. It's only a year old, I bought it last year for Ices convention and couldn't figure it out lol.

Monica0271 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 1:08am
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker111

I'm so excited I can't sleep at night. Ices is all I think about.

icon_surprised.gif Me too! I started yesterday with not being able to eat.

I went shopping at the mall yesterday for clothes & I was talking to myself & I apologied for something that I did & told him that I was going on vacation of a lifetime & my mind was everywhere. He asked me where I was going & I told him. This is what he said (very professionally) "I guess this is the approprate time to say what ever floats your boat: I just smiled icon_biggrin.gif from ear to ear & just told him that this was something that I have dreamed of. He said laughing "that is just no a vacation ot me" I replied " Its a dream come true for me" (with tears of excitement coming down my face icon_biggrin.gif )He was excited for me & begain to tell me about his vacation that he is going on. He was a very nice man who was interesed in my story & told me to have a great time.

I walked out of the store in tears of excitement thinking just thinking about this convention! thumbs_up.gif

I am so glad that I have you all to share it with icon_wink.gif

EmmyD Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 3:11am
post #18 of 18

i talk about it so much my family is starting to get annoyed. I try to keep my excitement down at work so i dont drive them crazy, but then somebody asks me how many days and i am more than happy to tell them. just thinking about it i get this big grin on my face. I am heading to Orlando on the 16th with hopes of registering, getting my diplay cakes up, and going to the first timers orientation at 3 before checking into my room and getting some sleep so that I can start the rest of it.

I have a friend from the area coming over to stay from the 20-22 so that we can catch up and go out to down town disney's comedy club and not have to worry about who is driving us home. i am so more than ready for this. work has been crazy, just cant wait to tell them they wont be able to get a hold of me for a week. that is the best part of it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%