Has Anyone Used Topsecretrecipes.com?

Baking By nefgaby Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 5:39pm by nefgaby

nefgaby Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 5

Has anyone gotten any recipes from that site? They are $0.79 each, they have the recipe for Duncan Hines chocolate and yellow cakes. My sister lives overseas and she wanted to try them... she can't get DH's back home. Anyway, I want to buy them but not until I asked CC first, if anyone had any info on them... Thanks so much! thumbs_up.gif

edited to add: It is not a price issue, I just don't know if the site can be trusted, ya know, phishing scams... icon_confused.gif

4 replies
Mac Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:51am
post #2 of 5

I've used them but the recipes I got were free...from the archives.
the recipe for Wallaby Darned from Outback and the ginger dressing from Benihana.

blue123 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:52am
post #3 of 5

I have used them for years. I love them...very close to original. You need to try out the clone they have of Chilli's Chocolate Molten Cake...perfect duplicate ( I have tried several versions). Also, if you sign up for their emails, you'll get a new recipe every week...for free. They give you 1 week to copy it and then it goes up for $.79. Also, Todd (the author) has several books out that you may want to purchase. Again, I have never been disappointed. Hope this helps.

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:54am
post #4 of 5

The recipes I got off there were free. icon_confused.gif They were good though. Try searching elsewhere before you buy.

Here's the chocolate one: http://www.recipezaar.com/129855

nefgaby Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks SOOOO much! I really appreciate all the info and advice! Thanks for the link amia1024!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%